1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Well I haven't noticed that. I usually turn it to MAR wait for a second and then turn it on. Anyway I started the car yday and it went smooth.
    However after I parked the car and I wanted to try the steering lock. I turned the steering till it got locked. Now I have an issue starting the car !! :hit . Referred the user manual and it advises to 'rock the steering wheel while turning the key to MAR' to disengage the steering lock. Will try that out today.
    Trying out something without complete knowledge is a dangerous thing !!
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check the manual dat would help u at times... If you still feel something is fishy get it to a TSS
  3. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    YEA Manish it was a known problem on the 1.4 linea and some Puntos which is resolved by an ACC upgrade remap on the ECU..
  5. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I have a peculiar problem in my Punto.

The left side rear door does not close with a reassuring "THUD" unlike the other three doors. It sounds more like a "Clang" similar to a Maruti sounds like when you close its Passenger Doors.

I did not notice this during the PDI but later on when I went for the delivery after Regn. However, the door alignment seems to be spot on.

What could be the problem ? Anything to worry? :cry:
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Mr Anand. Just noticed that you have mentioned here that only the left rear door has "clang" like sound whereas the other three doors close with a thud.

In my Punto, both the rear doors close with somewhat clang like sound. At least, it isn't the same thud as given by the front doors. I have mailed you an audio file so can have a better idea.

I have checked 5-7 Punto/Linea at dealership and all of them had the same difference in front doors and rear doors.
  7. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    @ Paddleshifter,

Thanks for your Audio Clip and there is definitely a sound difference as you mentioned.

However, in my case, while three of the doors, two front and one back ( Right rear door ) close with the same sound i.e. "THUD" or "THUMP", this particular one, LEFT REAR , closes with a "CLANG". Hence I perceive that there could be an issue although like I mentioned earlier , the alignment is spot on and there is nothing to indicate that there could be a problem otherwise.

I will check up with the TASS during the first service. However, I am afraid that if they do fiddle with the door, there could be a misalignment coming in and if it does, then I will have problems during the next monsoons, if rain water starts entering the Car and I would not like that to happen. So sometimes I feel that it is best left alone !!!

Has anyone in this forum observed this in their GP's ?

BTW, one more observation. In the 90HP display car ( July model ) , I had seen that FIAT had provided the Cigarette Lighter option but in the recent models as in mine, they have discontinued offering this and instead it is just the 12V socket. Probably FIAT does not want people to brand them as encouraging Smokers and smoking in their Cars ! ::V
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I understand there is a difference in the striker plate for the lock of the rear doors.

Abdul
  9. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    @ abdul

What is the striker Plate and where is it mounted?
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As mentioned by PaddleShifter, its the same case for me, no thuds from the rear doors, but the gentlest closing can be executed successfully for the rear door, you can start the closing process from 3cm and close properly without any effort. But I like the thud, rear door reminds me of some cost cutting, which may not be true.