1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I was also facing the same ac problem in my car . I had got that pollen filter cleaned a dozen times but with no significant result . However on a visit (last week of may) to rama motors , okhla , delhi for replacement of clutch pedal rubber ( worn-out before 5000 kms ) I was informed that fiat has come up with new improved ac ducts (already coming with newer models) and they were replacing it free of cost ( under warranty ) . After replacement I have felt a significant improvement in the cooling of ac . :car
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    replacement of Ac ducts??? Well u sure abt it... Or did they update yor ecu or something... Cos I've not heard of this issue for which they replacing the ac ducts..
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I had complained to the sa about the poor cooling of ac to which he told me that ac ducts were being replaced free of cost . Actually the pollen filters are being replaced . See the invoice :

scan0002.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No ECU reprogramming was done .
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Also after replacement of the filter there is equal distribution of air from all the four vents . Earlier air was majorly flowing thru the two central vents ( on the central console ) ......
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thanks for posting this very useful info, Dilip
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey i feel this every time in my Punto.. I feel more air flow from the center vents than the corner ones...

Well i would check that after replacing the pollen filters during my 15k service soon..
  8. Today when I started the engine the 'Hot Engine coolant ' red light came on with the message 'Radiator fan...' the message went off quickly with another message 'Stop the engine and turn it on'. I turned off the engine. And after a minute, started it . No message this time. Drive for around 5 kms and came back. It went smooth. Not sure what had happened. Has anyone faced this ? The message is not even listed in the Punto User manual. Thinking of calling the service center if I see this next time.
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    i second everyone here .. come one dude dont loose your heart .. when I bought my baby i made rounds of the service center almost every other weekend .. I'd started to think that am gonna spend all my weekends getting the car fixed .. but NO ! these are just minor things .. the AC thingy will get fixed in no time .. the glove box ... its a 2 minute job and the thud sound .. ah ! come on how many times do you drive over a bump maybe 2-5 times in a day and its just for a second .... ignore it .. the day you start ignoring it .. you'll start enjoying the car .... small cosmetic issues bro ..... try comparing a weekend drive with your family in a cramped swift or a beat .... GP is fab ... just give it a chance it'll grow on you ...
  10. Are you turning on the ignition key after the fuel injector icon is off. I think there might be some other lights you have to check before you turn on the car.