1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    Well I dunno He said some thing I dont remember What it was . But that thing s wat can fix this problem and they are out of stock on that one as well.
    I wanna kno if can I take the car to a diff showroom to fix this issue? does it matter?
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You can always take your car to a different TASC.

However, suggest you first call earlier TASC first & understand what exactly is needed to solve this issue. Before calling him, check out my Linea Ownership Report here viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28&start=20
    On 3rd page the entire Seat Height assembly change is detailed with pictures. This would help you when you speak to TASC
  3. Prasham

Prasham

Surendranagar
    Yesterday I visited Universal Aspi Cars Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad. The update: -

1) An engineer from Fiat had come to the service center to sort out the issue. During my last visit the service center guys had changed the shocks telling me that the shocks were faulty. But this didn't solve the issue. This time the Fiat engineer told me that the shocks were fixed wrongly and hence the Thud. But 5 hours at the service center didn't do any good to it. He said he shall consult senior engineers and inform me later. :confused

2) Regarding the AC, he said that some rubber washer had melted and hence the gas had leaked which caused the failure. BTW has anyone seen any rubber washers in compressor or the cooling coil? :A

3) The glove box issue is still intact. They need atleast 5-6 hours to fix it.

:uh :thumbs down :irked :firey :punch
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks for keeping us updated Prasham. So have they given a date as to when these will be resolved?

Vroom
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Strange. As Universal Aspi is THE best dealer & Service station in Tata/ Fiat from the reviews / feedback I've read/ heard.

Our member Dr. Amit (user handle "nehamit") knows Universal Aspi quite well as he has interacted with them for more then a year for his Linea. If needed, he can help. Drop a PM to him or let me know

BTW, what's the name of the Fiat Service Engineer whom you met?

PS: In Surendranagar, is your Punto THE 1st Punto? :clap
  6. Prasham

Prasham

Surendranagar
    1) The owner of Universal Aspi Cars is friend of one of my relatives. Hence I've got great treatment at their end but unless the problem gets solved all the treatment is down the drain :thumbs down

We are negotiating the with him to open a branch of Universal Aspi in Surendranagar :)

2) Entire exercise has been done by my dad and hence I don't know engineer's name but shall post it later after inquiring with him.

3) Yes its the first and only punto in Surendranagar.
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Prasham,

Hope all problems with your Punto gets solved at the earliest. Eventhough Aspi Motors are good, its better to keep Fiat also posted on the pending problems.

And BTW, congratulations for having One & the Only Punto in Surendranagar.

PS: Your above post reminds me the time I spent in TASC once. It so happened that somehow Wiper fluid reservoir got damaged in my Linea. Fiat sent the vendor himself with the part from Pune to replace & to also check how this part can get damaged (they say probabilities are very low). The local TASC had tough time to remove the damaged stock wiper fluid reservoir. It was fixed with 2 big rivets which were unscrewable. They had to break those rivets & every hit to break the rivet was felt like a blow to my heart. They took 2 hours to do it but eventually it got sorted out.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As Vahan Pujari stated there is no device required for replacing the seat assembly apart from the normal spanners... its a simple job for the techs out there... Ive seen what they do.. it took 2hrs for mine to be replaced.
  9. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    I meant a device to be put or some thing. Not to remove the seat assembly like may be the height adjusting Lever.
    Busy wit other stuff so will probably do it later. :uh
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

KK for the seat issue they got the whole front Drive seat out and had to get the whole assembly replaced. it comes as a kit nd they replace almost all the mechanical stuff on the front seat... Dats what i observed when they replaced my car seat on the first week of delivery of my car..

At the begining they were reluctant in replacement but i had to push them for it giving examples of the other punto owners and to make them understand its a known issue was tough...