1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    Thx guys :oops: such a silly question :oops:
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prasham i guess uve got all your queries answered already...
  3. Prasham

Prasham

Surendranagar
    @ ALL: I appreciate your prompt response in sorting out my queries. I would like to bring following points to light:

1) Maybe the rear suspension "problem" is in all the Puntos but how can it be considered normal. To me it seems a huge flaw on Fiat's part. What is causing it? Why can't it be removed? I really don't think its kept that way on purpose.

2) Both AC & Glove box incidence shows only one thing, faulty workmanship. Fiat is a huge brand in EU. They sell huge number of cars every year and are doing the same since many decades. If their cars show signs of trouble immediately after purchase, for me its nothing more than faulty workmanship.

I owned a number of maruti cars from 800 to Zen (2 infact) to Esteem and none of them, I repeat none of them have ever been sent to a garage for anything other than routine servicing. Moreover each of them weren't sold before the odo read 1 Lakh kms. No trouble what so ever. So to me it Fiat is a big disappointment.
  4. [quote="Prasham
    1) Maybe the rear suspension "problem" is in all the Puntos but how can it be considered normal. To me it seems a huge flaw on Fiat's part. What is causing it? Why can't it be removed? I really don't think its kept that way on purpose.[/quote]
    Try inflating the rear tyre with less pressure than front (by 1 or 2 PSIs), if the rear is not loaded.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Prasham

Your profile shows location as Surendranagar. Is it Surendranagar in Gujarat?

On your "thud" noise query, I second what sounder has mentioned. Check the air pressure in tyre first. Nonethless, we've to keep in mind that Punto is not a tinbox & gives rock-solid feel all the time, be it door closes with a "thud" or this "thud" on speed braker :mrgreen: Take her on the highway (if in Gujarat, Ahmedabad-Rajkot highway or Ahmedabad-Baroda expressway) & you'll love every bit of Punto's solidity & amazing stability.

Glove box can be easily fixed by TASC - they've to just reset/ tweak/ fasten the small hinge-like sprin-like thingy inside the Glove box. (This should have been done during PDI by TASC/ Fiat)

AC - Ask TASC to clean Pollen filter & to check AC drainage pipe. Sometimes Drainage pipe is clogged, once its clean, you'll see water seeping out thro' it when you park the car after a drive.

Take her on highway or on a trip, you'll enjoy every bit of Punto :mrgreen: This is not to cover the thingies that Fiat/ TASC should have taken care of during PDI itself.
  6. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    I Have similar problem( AC :devil ) Went to TASS they say they need time to inspect. Told they will pick up the vehicle and fix it & give it a free wash. :ugeek:[*]
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I think what Prasham is pointing out to is not about these specific niggling issues, but a larger problem of workmanship with these minor issues and why they should be there in the first place when Fiat is such a large brand in EU.

Vroom
  8. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    I hav Given My car for Ac repair and the seat height thingy.
    Hey guys do all of you stay in the workshop till everything is done?
    The guys arranged for a free pikup and drop and free wash the TASS is around 11 to 15 kms so I asked them to pick. :confused :mischievous
  9. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    I Just recieved a call Tellin that They do not have a device which fixes the Seat height adjust mechanism.
    However they tel the Ac issue has been fixed . M keeping My fingers crossed . :roll:
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Fixing of the entire Seat Height assembly is not done by any device other than usual spanners. Though its not easy as they need to remove the seat & refix it later. I've seen the entire process.

Are you changing the entire assembly or just the height adjustment lever?