1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Prasham

Bought a Minimal Grey Punto 1.4 MJD - Active on 15/05/2010. Since the 18/5/2010 something or the other has been popping up in my car. Current problems :A are as below:

1) Rear Suspension Trouble:- Whenever the car goes over a speed breaker or a pothole at speed of more than 15-20kmph the rear wheel comes down with "Thud" noise. I've visited the dealer twice about it but problem isn't sorted out completely. :cry:

2) AC not working well:- Since the first day the AC isn't working well but as I had bought it in peak summer I thought of the obvious reasons. Later with onset of monsoon the mercury dipped but performance of the AC hasn't improved. Actually since last few days AC isn't working at all. I shall visit the dealer again on this thursday. :hit

3) The upper glove box on the dashboard isn't working well. Infact since last two days I can't lock it, it just remains open at all times :(

Looks like I've again made mistake after suffering badly with another Fiat... a Palio. :confused
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

This is a know issue there is no permanent fix for this, you can try some jugad like padding etc to keep the wheel tight in place.

cannot comment on this , may be gas leakage , take it to TASS

this you can fix yourself by adjusting the hook in the inside of the glove box, trial and error method
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Get the pollen filter checked and cleaned. Also check for gas leakage.

No you haven't.

Rest two issues have been answered by Manu
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Like Manu and Punter have mentioned, except for the AC issue, none of the others are serious. Do not lose heart, Punto is a wonderful car!

5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard and don't lose heart. You've got one of the best hatch back car.

I suggest visit our FAQ section http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=101. You'll find mostly all your answers there, specially that thud sound which you are getting it from rear suspension, which is quite normal. The same thud sound will convert into shock absorber when your car is packed.

I think all you need to get your AC checked (which should be a big prob) and a small alignment required to have your glove box fixed. I know how it irritates when such small issues start troubling but I'm sure you can't ignore the driveability and the other top notch features of this car.

6. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Prasham, Dont let these minor issues come in the way of enjoying your beautiful car. I had the A/C cooling issue as well and it was just a 10-minute job at TASS to replace the pollen filter. Similarly the thud sound when you go over speed breakers is very normal and all of us experience it when the back seat doesnot have passengers. You just need to drive very slowly over speed breakers or just live with it. We can assure you there is nothing wrong with the vehicle because of that.

Again, you have made a very good decision in buying this car as most people in this group would agree. I personally have driven more than 10K kms in 8 months in different kinds of terrains and can vouch for the build quality and superb driving experience anytime.
  7. I see in many posts about the pollen filter cleaning/ replacement.
    Is there any particular aproximate frequency in which this has to be checked. I understand it depends much on the sorroundings whether it is very dusty and like that; still how frequently it should be (proactively) maintained in average indian condition.
    For eg: Particularly, I assume, in Chennai during this summer it should better be cleaned with particular attention, since the usage will be more during summer so also sorrounding much dustier.

Comments.. ?
  8. K_K

K_K Amatore

Even I am Dissappointed with The AC issue but I have not lost heart an i ve faced problems like ground clearence on Sad roads of bangalore.
    When I had taken my car out to my native Unfortunately there they don Have Tar like we have they just have stones and Mud and even on slightest hups i could feel the stones bottom scratching the bottom of the car .
    I still have to Visit The dealer hope they can fix it and the seat going back to initial position that too .

By the way whats TASS?? :oops:
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

TATA Authorised Service Station!
  10. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Cant we just call it TASC. (Tata authorized service center)???
    avoiding all the stars..!! in TA** ??