1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with Punto Stock Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by hamster, Jan 18, 2011.

1. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @thomman85 - Thanks for your suggestion

Yes currently i am using damaged tyre as stepney. After 35K KM i'll replace all 5 tyres with Michelin XM1 or Yoko C drive.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Guys, here's a query I have always wanted to make. For all the accolades that the Punto receives for its ride quality, I have personally never experienced it on my Punto. Now, don't get me wrong, on smooth roads, there is hardly anything to complain about. However, on broken roads with even minor imperfections (I am not talking about pot holes here), most of the bumps get transmitted to the cabin, requiring me to slow down. Can this behaviour be attributed to the stock 165/80/R14 J.K Tornado tyres? I don't think there is an issue with my alignment, as I have driven only about 1500 kms since the 2nd free service, where wheel alignment was carried out. If the JKs are the culprit, are they really that bad tyres?
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This not a tyre problem. Your front sturts are showing their age.
    I had same problem with my former 75 HP Active MJD with JK Tornado.
    I got front sturts replaced in warrantee after doing very much argument with dealer
    Sturts replaced at 27000 KM.
    Problem of minor imperfections & bumps solved.

So best luck for your struggle for sturt replacement
    1 person likes this.