1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with Punto Stock Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by hamster, Jan 18, 2011.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Hai all. I have small doubt about the tyre size of punto emotion (1.3 MJD) 2011,june make. is it 165 or 185 /70 R15 tyres? I am giving 32psi for all the tyres.. please reply about this
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It would be mentioned on the sidewall of the tyre.
    Emotion model comes with 165/?? R14 now earlier it used to come with 185/?? R14
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    thanks buddy, let me check
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Emotion came with 175/70 r14 and now comes with 165/80 r14
  5. leftnwrite

leftnwrite Timido

Bangalore
    stock JKs worn out at 23k kms

especially the left-hand side ones. well, i have done periodic alignment and balancing (3-4 times in 23k; in about 11 months, that is). Not sure whether the Fiat guys had done any wheel rotation during the 15k service, though. I fill nitrogen and do check the pressure every 1000 kms or so. I replaced the stock JKs with Michelin XM1+ 185/70/R14. The pressure is set to 32 on all four. The ride - when driving alone - feels a bit bouncy, not as comfortable as the XM1+s are otherwise. My questions are:
    • did any of you face this problem of early (23k KMs is early, isn't it?) wearing out of the stock tyres? any idea what could have caused this?
    • what is the ideal pressure for 185/70/R14s?
    thank you.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Goodyear GT3 are noisy & very much humming is there on rough road.
  7. Indraneel

Indraneel

Indore
    I use Yokohama 205/60/15 tyres, silent and comfortable ride.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have done around 17k Kms and two of my tyres have their side walls ruptured.

Would it be a good idea to only replace 2 tryes of the car? :D
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @clash81,

You can change two tyres at a time. But ensure that they are the same size as the older tyres, and most important the new tyres must be fitted at the rear.

Regards
    Johnny
  10. hi johnny. can u explain why new tyres must be fitted at the rear? the other two must be a bit worn so isn't it better to have the new ones at the front to take higher load?