1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with Punto Stock Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by hamster, Jan 18, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wheel-Alignment & Wheel Balancing is defective. From where you done Alignment & balancing.
    Go at authorised MRF Showroom & do alignment & balancing. & see the differance. :wow
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @hamster : the problem is the with the tiers for sure. Because thats the only thing that can give a poor ride quality.

How many KM have you done with your car?
  3. hamster

hamster

New Delhi
    I have got the alignment and balancing done from Good year shopee.

Me also thinks the problem is with tyres. I have done 19500 KM.
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @hamster : do you here any kind of Tyre/Road noise when you drive with driver side window open?
    Also please tell us what kind of roads you have to drive on ...I mean the road surface the car is mostly used on?
  5. hamster

hamster

New Delhi

Yes I do get some kind of wierd noise when I drive with my window open. I mostly drive from Delhi to Gurgaon and over all road condition is good barring some bad patches in Delhi Cantt. sector and Gurgaon City.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @hamster: well. ...my recommendations may sound a bit heavy on your pocket.... I suggest replace the tiers with preferably Bridgestone or Continental brand........ as the stock tyres will continue to trouble you and hurt your car in long run..... Goodyear have always been trouble. .. even a multibrand tire store does not recommended them.

How many punctures have you faced in driving these 20K kms?
  7. hamster

hamster

New Delhi
    Guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy new tyres. But I was thinking if I can run these tyres for another 10K with a restricted speed limit of 80 Km/hr and then change these tyres.Will this also hurt my car in longer run?
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    You may use your tires for another 4 - 5 K kms under controlled usage...but you will have to get wheel alignment and balancing done more frequently...say every 2500 KMs

How many punctures have you faced in driving these 20K kms?
  9. hamster

hamster

New Delhi
    Alright, thanks I will take care of it.

I have had one puncture up till now and that too because of some iron rod coming out of pot hole which made a big hole in tyre and is irrepiarable.
  10. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    So you are using 4 tyres...anyways drive safe.....