1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with Compressor

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Swaminathan.B.S, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Swaminathan.B.S

Swaminathan.B.S Timido

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Guys,

Need your valuable suggestion/ inputs please.
    I own a T-Jet Emotion pack and is 3 Years & 4 months old now, has clocked roughly about 37K KMs.

Off late, i was noticing some strange noise with my AC on and upon checking with FASS (Ramkay, Chennai), it was confirmed to be an issue with the compressor. Unfortunately, it is just months since my warranty got ceased but Ramkay promised to raise this issue with Fiat India for coverage under good will.

I should really appreciate the efforts & hardship from Saravanan (CRM) & Purushoth (SA) in pursuing my issue with FIAT India but after all their follow-ups, FIAT India was Ok to cover only 25% of the actual compressor cost (overall cost estimated to about Rs 35000 + taxes).

I'm yet to negotiate from my end with FIAT India, but before that I have the below queries ringing my head

1) Is it quite normal to see a compressor issue arising at this low mileage (37K KMs) that too in FIAT since FIAT parts are the most sort after by other players in Indian market ???

2) What would be the reason for this issue since compressor is not something which can be abused by manual handling or user behavior.

It is so much hitting me that the issue has occurred just upon completion of warranty period. I need some suggestions on

1) Contact pointers on Expert AC service guys (local players) wherein I can get a second opinion on overhauling my existing compressor before replacing it.

2) Contact pointers from FIAT India wherein I can raise this issue to get some additional support from them in terms of coverage.

Any support on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Swami