1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with Blue and Me

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by samyakmodi, Nov 9, 2012.

1. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    hi

the other day i had called over few guys to shampoo, polish and clean the interior of my 90hp punto.
    unfortunately the battery drained, and my drivers tried pushing the car to get it started once. that didn't work so they ended up connecting another car's battery to start off the punto.

since then i have been facing problems with the blue & me

the problems that i am facing are:
    1. the odometer is flashing
    2. two steering mounted controls are not working - the phone key and the windows key.
    3. the car is not able to detect USB
    4. the car is not connecting to my phone - looks like the bluetooth is not working.
    5. after every 17 seconds the MID on the dash (below the AC vent) is showing "phone" for about half a second during which the music system stops playing.
    6. it has started showing AUX - which never came earlier
    7. unable to listen to music via the USB which is quiet irritating.

had sent the car to the authorised service centre and they conveniently sent it back saying that they can't take the car before 18th.

any pointers or DIY tips?

video link : problem with punto - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Just disconnect the battery terminals for 5 mins and reconnect, that will reset the Blue&Me. This should take care of your issues. If possible avoid push starting your car, cause that could damage the catalytic converter.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First thing, never push start your car. User manual categorically says this. see the text in the squared box.

jumpstart.JPG

With regard to blue & me problem, I think it will disappear once you restart it by disconnecting battery for a while.

Kindly, keep the forum informed of the latest development.
  4. Even I am having problem numbers 2,3,4 and 7...it really is annoying without the usb drive working...I have booked a slot @KHT hope they can come up with a solution soon...
    Btw if you get a solution let me know about it...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Even I am having problem numbers 2,3,4 and 7...it really is annoying without the usb drive working...I have booked a slot @KHT hope they can come up with a solution soon...
    Btw if you get a solution let me know about it...
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

looks like when u jumpstarted the car with other cars battery the usb drive was connected to usb.. try this.. remove the pen drive. disconnect battery negative wait for 30 mins connect battery again start the car.. set date and time.... start deck and ensure that radio is on.. connect usb and let us know the results

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    thanks a lot guys

tried disconnecting the battery for the intervals of 10 minutes to 1 hour.
    nothing worked.

sent it to the service station - and they were unable to diagnose the problem. they simply said that the blue and me system needs to be replaced and it would be covered under warranty.

now waiting for the spare to arrive. though i seriously doubt that the blue and me system would go kapoot just like that!!

OT : wondering whether i would be getting a new blue and me - with the new software and all? or would they give me some old part which was on the shelf for over a year now?
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

That really shouldnt matter much as long as it works fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Then, how else? Sorry, noob here.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Connect battery from another vehicle and jump start.

Check Fuse #51 in the panel under the steering. Even if it is not blown, pull it out and push back in firmly. Worked for another TFIan. I know because I fixed it :D

Rajan
    Pranav Savardekar and prihir like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks rajan :)