1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem with AC

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Ganesh Shenoy, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Ganesh Shenoy

Ganesh Shenoy Timido

Jayanagar
    Jayanagar
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sometimes when i switch on the AC, no air comes from the AC duct. It takes about 15 minutes for the air to come out if i am lucky. When the AC is functioning but when i switch it off it makes a strange sound.

In short AC functions when it wants to function not when i want it to. What do you think is the problem ?
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Probably the AC blower fan or the fan's speed controller switch or speed regulator resistance array is dying. Even loose contact in any of these components can lead to this behavior. It is not good to run the ac compressor when the fan is not running because there is nothing to take out the "cold" created by the ac compressor in the evaporator. It may lead to evaporator damage if ice forms in the evaporator area when it gets too cold. Ice itself is not the problem, but the anomalous expansion of water below 4 degree C is to blame for the damage. Don't run the AC until you get this fixed.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  3. Ganesh Shenoy

Ganesh Shenoy Timido

Jayanagar
    Jayanagar
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thank you. I shall get it checked.