1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problem facing in pickup in 2nd and 3rd gear in my Fiat linea MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by singhamit, Aug 12, 2011.

1. singhamit

Hi Friends

I own a Feb 2010 Linea MJD euro III model. From last 2 to 3 months i have noticed that my car is really struggling to run in 2nd gear. As soon as as it goes beyond 20-30 km/hr spead engine starts missing also for 3rd gear I can go maximum till 40. This problem was really evident when I was driving to hill last month. It was really pain for me in traffic to climb as when I reached at 25-30 KM/hr it started missing and to avoid it when I switch to 3rd gear it was very sluggish.:redcar Also I have noticed that my engine oil color is very black. My car was last serviced on 5000 km in FEB with all engine change and it has only done about 8000 km till now. Please advice.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Have it checked by ASS. They will connect ECU examiner
    Second goes uptill 80-90 and 3 rd goes uptill 110-115 without any effort around 5000 rpm
    How about performance in 1, 4 and 5 gear
    Is there excessive smoke from the car when this happens, also do you hear any whistling/hissing noise

Any error displayed on MID or any error light lights up
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Singhamit

Clean the Intercooler & intake manifold at TATA ASS. Clean Air cleaner filter element.
    Check the fuel quality
    As told Vijay , check ECU for errors if any. BTW What is odometer reading?
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. arian

arian Amatore

"Second goes uptill 80-90 and 3 rd goes till 110-115 without any effort around 5000 rpm"

Are u sure MJD can do this. Everytime I ve tried the engine roar becomes unbearble and I have to shift. I ll try this again
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

1st step. disconnect battery for 20 min and reconnect. if problem not solved, open air filter box. clean the filter. still not solved go to ASS, get injectors cleaned.
    oils seems to be black? hows the viscosity. is it very thin? is its bad then chances are ASS dint change the oil.

Get it changed immediately. check the fuel qty and also ask them to check the fuel filter.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I do this every now and then, the sound the motor makes is what makes me do it, it's devine music to ears. I haven't driven a diesel till now which revs as freely as a MJD to redline. But still doesn't match a free revving petrol motor.
    How much have your car clocked on ODO??

@singhamit Oil turning black is normal. In a diesel engine, oil turns black within 50 kms after oil change.
    As suggested by Italia-Linea, disconnect the battery and clean the air filter too.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ! Clogged injectors is the problem.

If the car is running well at cold start & horrible after engine warm-up then injectors are faulty.
    In diesel engine all problems related to engine performance are because of faulty injectors.

1) Cold start problem 2) Hot start problem 3) unstable idling 4) Low pick-up after engine warm up
    these are the signs of faulty injectors. If there is any one above mentioned problem,then it is due to bad injectors.

But in warrantee period,there is no permission to open injectors
    unless & untill there is any ECU error. :eek:

So we have to use partially clogged injectors by force. Partially clogged injectors can't be identify in ECU scanning. So we have to bear insane harrassement because of this baseless rule about CRDi injectors. :A

When car checks out from showroom,because of Indian fuel quality, precise holes of CRDi injectors starts to be clog. That's why performance of alll CRDi engines is degraded after using some thousands of km.

As per Interview from FIAT officials taken in year 2007, Indian fuel quality is not suitable for CRDi fuel system.

So this bogus rule is made for exploytation of customer & to avoid expensive warrantee claims.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Afaik, Injectors in modern cars are of high precision alignment , which a regular hand job in local service station can mess up the calibrations. so it would require sophisticated tools to handle them ,hence the warranty issues.

that is very much crude reason.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Bhai, let's not speculate needlessly on this particular case.

Let singhamit get the car checked on the examiner firstly. There can be more than one reasons for the issues he's facing.

10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ! There you are.

CRDi injectors are pizzo-electric injectors made by BOSCH.

For service of CRDi injectors , BOSCH has developed state of the art machinery of Rs.1 Crore.

This state of the art machinery is used to clean & calibrate the precise CRDi injectors.

This machine is so advance that it gives self-generated full report after its work.
    and scan the injectors & tells wheather particular injector is servicable or not ?

Injectors are made by Bosch. Cleaning and calibration machine is made by BOSCH.
    Still TATA people refuses to open injectors. :eek:

They do not keep faith on this state of the art machine in warrantee period.

But friends they keep faith on this machine after the expiry of warrantee period.

I hope you will get what I am saying.
    Now you might have understood how much they are loyal with us .:A