1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

probelms with B&M

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amit1agrawal, Nov 20, 2013.

1. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Hi All,
    There seems to be lots of problem with Blue & Me in my tjet plus I get Airbag failure message sometimes when I start the car.
    1. BM does not recorgnize many commands to the points it's almost unusable to make calls.
    2. Toggling between radio station using steering button only toggles between 2 stations.
    3. Music does not play from Pen Drive sometimes.
    4. Airbag failure message when I switch on the vehicle.

I have given for service and they have told me that ALL these problems are due to weak battery. While I can understand it for airbag failure message but not sure about the other.
    Would weak battery really cause so many problems?
  2. faraz784

faraz784 Timido

As happened in my case, "Airbags failure" message disappeared when i changed the battery on my punto. But didn't have any problem with B&M.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Yes, I guess a weak battery it could cause problems with B&M as well. When my battery was weak and I was doing a Chennai- Bangalore the USB stopped playing and the horn started behaving a little funny, I went to Prerana (now Vecto) and replaced my battery and all my problems vanished. Please do get your battery changed.
  4. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Thanks Faraz and Flywheel. I was not suspecting BM problems to be battery related as my car is just 3 years old and run about 28k kms only. Also I didnt face any problem in cranking up.
    I have asked them to check once after replacing with a good battery. Thinking of checking it first hand as well to be sure so that my money does not go down the drain.
    I suppose the exide battery is not good.