1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Probable 80K increase in Price from 25th February 2012

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Relativity, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Hmmmm, we can surely lash out at the government but i was more interested in concrete information on:

Is there going to be a hike?
    What is the nature of the hike - Excise, Road Tax etc.
    Do we have any dates so we can plan accordingly?
    Has any lobby strongly pushed back yet?
  2. Sorry to be saying this relativity but our forum is full of fiat lovers and definitely will not have concrete information about your question. :) the answer is wait and watch :p. this post is just a light batter and not to hurt your intentions :)
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I think the only person who can authoritatively answer this has to be either FM or the fin sec. Rest all is speculation, including one by your dealer. Most clear picture will emerge only after 06 Mar after budget presentation. Till then, everything is about lobbying and speculation.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Heard the budget has been delayed to 16th March.
    Anyway, booked the 90 HP today and the dealer said to arrange full payment by 29th Feb and all should be ok.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Received VIN no for my Booked Punto 1.3 Emotion , its Feb Manufactured , will be delivered by 29th , and yes Dealer Was quite Sure About Price rise . He said Fiat will not be affected as much as Tata or other brands . They openly say to everyone that prices will rise 10-15% depending on model base or top . But my Dealer Never insisted me to buy quickl , they said if i were to buy Manza or Vista than they suggest to book instantly .
    Whatever , i have booked mine , best of luck for future buyers.
  6. Prices will increase although by How much , will be decided by Finance minister in up coming Budget . Not sure why they say it;s 25 Feb . govt is trying to impose higher taxes On diesel Cars to compensate for the subsidy enjoyed by diesel car owners.

Nothing is finalized as yet as this will put additional burden on those trying to move into 4 wheels and even more importantly it will hit the already struggling auto companies , Moreover with this move , india;s Image as next Detroit will take a major hit , some thing, which govt is keen to avoid currently , given the telecom fiasco and all .
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Spoke with Tafe,Chennai regarding the price hike they said expect the price hike between 10K-15K in march 1st week aprt from the Budget announcement.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    One has to realize that Govt has woken up to YoY higher car sales and recognised as a sector which can be tapped for revenue for Govt. I would be very surprised if FM doesn't take steps to milk this sector.
  9. haha. the govt. its not the govt, it's the people who are elected who invent ideas. now, still, a good number of diesel cars are for the taxi market. its a bit more reasonable if they increase the permit fee, an a bit more for the personal use cars. but if its in the order of 80k and all, i wouldnt say it's atrocious, i'd say it's MAD. that'll make diesels almost 2 lakhs higher than petrol ones. and then suddenly people may start opting CNG. and dealers might shift to better efficient CNG cars. now that'll again give ideas to the FM. this is a vicious cycle. now, instead of subsidising, the Indian govt might even think about heavily taxing the electric vehicle market too in the future!
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    but stil i prefer diesel than petrol.