1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Probable 80K increase in Price from 25th February 2012

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Relativity, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Folks,

I got a call from the dealer in Chennai today and he told confirmed what I had been eagerly waiting for as well as my worst fear.

He said that Punto 90HP Sport version with rear spoiler, leather seats, 16 inch alloys etc will be launched in April this year. However, that it would be priced higher.

I want to wait for the sports model but he is insisting that there is an official communication from Fiat today that effective 25th Feb, all diesel car prices will be increased by 80K :eek:. I am shocked and not sure if I should start running and book it tomorrow and apply for the loan and ensure it is registered in the next 3 weeks.

I double checked with Hyundai and they said all manufacturers are increasing prices by 2-3% and there will be an additional road tax of 10-15% on diesel cars from next month.

I really need some concerete information as I don't want to rush for my purchase and looks like Tata dealer is just making use of a rumour to increase sales.

My biggest concern is that with additional 80K, I will be forced to buy a Petrol variant and then suffer at the hands of petrol prices.

Any help would be highly apreciated.

Mods: Please move to a different section if this is inapropriate.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even it was in the newspaper that the Diesel engines would go up by 2 - 3 %, If its so soon than better go ahead and book the Grande. Do check with the dealers for the Freebies, which will be a plus point to you..
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    If the 80K increase is due to road tax which the Govt is planning to impose on diesel vehicles, then its better for you book and get the delivery asap.
    However the bill is still not introduced and possibility of its implementation depends on this financial budget.
    If fiat is planning to increase 80k on their models, then i doubt about the veracity of the information given by the dealer.Because with such low price range itself Fiat is not able to achieve high numbers,what will they do by increasing 80k?:hit
    1 person likes this.
  4. OT: I think cars will very soon regain its lost luxury spot among the middle class Indian.

Just a thought: You can buy 90HP now, as you can always add leather seats, 16" wheels, and spoilers.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I doubt Fiat is going to increase 80K, at least other brands confirmed it to be a nominal hike of 9-10K.
    It's the road tax that is going to kill the diesel market. Currently at 10 odd percent, it will be increased to 22%. That's what the dealer told me.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    It is highly unlikely that Fiat shall increase the prices. The manner in which the cars are priced at the moment is such that they can offer insurance for free i.e. 2012 price = 2011 price + insurance. It appears that the dealer is lying so that you go ahead and book the car in a hurry.

Budget is planned in mid-March and there are rumours that govt may levy Rs80000 tax on diesel vehicles. Suppose that this does happen, there will be a set of rules defined for the implementation like rules being applicable from some date, most likely 1-Apr-2012

In case you are not bothered about the Punto Sports 90HP please go ahead and book one right now. In case you are interested, do wait till April - however you may have to pay the additional duty on buying the car
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I need more people to respond to this as i may need to move really fast or sleep on it till April. Pretty Please!
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I wouldn't trust the dealer. This is the oldest trick in their books to get fence sitter's to sign the cheque. Scare them so they are pushed into action.

A hike to 80K for a sales dud like the Punto is HIGHLY unlikely.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat is not increasing the prices. It's the road tax going up by 80K. If anybody has any details on the implementation dates, please share. Also, amy spy pics of the upcoming 90HP Sportz would be nice.
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    govt is hell bent on screwing the public. Firstly it increased the petrol prices and when the public went for the diesel cars ; the govt kept quiet for some time so that diesel becomes popular and when more and more people got "accustomed" to diesel it goes ahead and increase the price of diesel cars. The govt stands to gain from both sides ... is it another case of amassing more and more wealth by the govt, read corruption ?