1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Primacy 3st or Turanzo AR 60

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Esakki Sundar, Aug 2, 2016.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well, I can't answer the first question as I don't have experience with any of the tyres in discussion, however for the second question the answer is a definite yes. Bigger tyre, more contact area, more friction, better grip, more drag etc..,. Applicable in all gears.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Tornado likes this.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

I am having MC5 since March this year, ran 5k km so far, replaced the stock Apollos. MC5 tyres are utter silent & very grippy ! The sidewall is bit more flexible than Apollo hence a feeling of marginal more bodyroll in the fast corners but the tyres grip like anything! I drive mostly in Pune city and NH4. So the tyres haven't really seen bad patches to comment on durability as such.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  4. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    My Palio had all Bridgestone years, She has done +1Lakh Kilometer. I can sweared by them by the amount of abuse she had gone through on broken roads. But for our Linea TJet, it will be Michellin Tyres throughout. Have driven 2K on those new Michellin tyre and feel no difference in grip (in comparison with Bridgestone or even Good Year). Noise is a bit lesser compare to Bridgestone and lot better compare to stock Good year. Comfort , I may 20% better compare to Good Year. I have driven and ramp my Linea in some of the unavoidable black hole size potholes on Mumbai-Nashik road, that too often. But all my worries are put to silent now with this set of tyres :) No fear of sidewall from now on with them. They are good to use, and not as delicate as published. Trust me as my cars are not that softly driven as they should, but at same time not thrashed on bad roads either.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Navneet, which Bridgestones & which michelin?
  6. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry for later reply. Michellin - Primacy 3 ST(205/55 R16) for Linea. And Bridgestone My01(185/65 R14), and now B290(185/65 R14) on Palio 1.2. But I can still fell Bridgestones better in terms of Grip in wet (still need to try on Dry tracks). Unfortunately MY02 were not available on 205/55 R16 last quarter.
    Tornado likes this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have recently replaced my Punto's tyres with Conti MC5 after using Primacy 3ST for 54K kms. 3ST tyres are good & silent tyres. I had absolutely no issues with these tyres on either wet or dry conditions & even Bad roads. However I was not happy with Michelin's warantee terms.
    Conti MC5 are also super silent and have held on to the wet conditions quite well. Now after 2K kms on MC5 & considering the price difference between these two tyres, I feel MC5 are more VFM.
    Regards
    Kiran
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Agreed, even European governments are saying same, but they consume more fuel as compared to the competition.

Which term?
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Warantee is only against manufacturing defect. I would have preferred if it was as unconditional, as you can rarely prove any problem under manufacturing defect.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Is it unconditional in case of Conti?