1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pride of Owing an Italian beauty:):):)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Swaminathan.B.S, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Swaminathan.B.S

Swaminathan.B.S Timido

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Guys,

Feels great to be in this group and do my first post (ever in any forums) :happy: I just thought of sharing my experience and journey towards owning a Linea (finally). Sorry if it’s lengthy and boring.

I always wanted to own a powerful sedan and it was only a couple of months back I gave a serious thought about it. Though I was pretty much used to compact ones (i20 Asta Diesel/ santro - cars owned by my parents), I really wanted to go for a big car with boot and that too from my pocket :happy:

But the budget bracket I had was around 8L (didn't want to opt for bank loan and end up paying EMI). I didn't find much of options falling in my requirement. All I got was crap compact sedans (half cooked ones as how I always see it) and I didn’t feel big despite having a boot. Above all, those were more like incomplete to me. I decided not to give a thought to sub 4 meters so called sedans.

I did corner on the below 4 options finally after a lot of research.

1) Chevy Sail (1.2 LT ABS)

2) Ford Classic

3) Fiat Linea Classic

4) Fiat Linea Active with fire petrol (2014 model).

We first called upon a Chevy showroom in Chennai (the one near guindy flyover) and got our test drive booked. The car looked quite OK (but I didn't like the rear profile a bit). But the biggest disappointment was when I got on the wheels. The engine was so under powered and I really missed the punching torque (after getting used to my i20 diesel).

I somehow understood the practicality of my budget and compromised myself with the mileage and other parameters (trade off as I thought to the HPs produced). I got the details ‘waiting period/ discounts’ and left showroom with "JUST AN OK" (Half minded to be frank).

The next option was Ford Classic (In fact I looked up to it as my first option). I loved the 100HP 1.6 engine offered in Classic and the vehicle had a solid built/ ride quality. The performance was excellent. Having read the reviews from happy owners, I'd pretty much made up my mind to go for the Classic. But one particular post in Team-BHP took me aback and the thread was on a concern from a potential buyer claiming ford classic to be an aged car - The question was 'when will the long aging Ford Classic (6+ years) be discontinued'. The actual disappointment comes here. The post was dated early 2013o_O

This was a serious issue and I decided to check it directly from the dealer to clear the air.

I called up MPL ford in Perungudi. The moment I spelled out 'Ford Classic' there was a big full stop. "The car was discontinued 4 months before". Road blocked and complete end of a choice :(

Now left with the final choice 'Fiat Linea', I pretty much made up my mind to fall back to compact segment if 'Fiat' is not giving me its hand. It was 1st Sep 2015, I called 'Manakular Vinayakar Motors- Cuddalore'. I was greeted by Mr.Sakthivel and I started enquiring on Fiat Linea Active (2014) with fire petrol engine. They were not sure about the model and asked me to consider 'T-Jet active model' instead. The quote given was around 9.4 L on roads for T-Jet Active model (certainly out of my bracket).

I explained my budget to Mr.Sakthivel and started enquiring on Linea Classic and that is when I got this option from Manakular Vinayakar motors. They had a Test drive vehicle (T-jet emotion 2014 model) registered in Jul 2014 and the car had roughly done around 8000 KMs. They were checking if I was interested in it since it will be falling in my budget range. I wasn’t quite interested and asked them to send me the photos first.

I didn’t really give a thought to used cars until then and I wasn’t mentally prepared as well for the same. But it was a complete different picture in the next 2 hours as I received the pics. To my surprise the used car which suggested a couple of hours before was being used as a display vehicle in showroom with ribbons still on. It was a white colored one and obviously I would have opted for the same color even if I had gone for a new one. Here goes the first set of pictures as I received from the dealer and I immediately fell in love with the car

upload_2015-9-11_13-47-48.png

upload_2015-9-11_13-47-58.png

upload_2015-9-11_13-48-11.png

I had a gut feel that the car condition will be really good and worth to be considered as it was used as a display vehicle. I immediately thought of taking a look at it and visited the showroom the very next day. The car was almost on showroom condition (except for minor scratches and seat wrinkles). The dealer promised me to clear all the scratches and will deliver it in brand new condition if I was interested in the deal. I checked on the papers (RC/ insurance) and found everything authentic. I ended the deal at 7.1 L (almost 4.5 L lesser than the new vehicle). I made an advance of 15000 to book the car and asked them to fix all the shortcomings with few add-ons as below before the final settlement

1) Under chase paint

2) Scratch work repair

3) Body polish

4) Interior polish

upload_2015-9-11_13-49-10.png

View attachment 82686

upload_2015-9-11_13-56-51.png

upload_2015-9-11_13-58-21.png

The work was done in next 3-4 days and again a fresh set of pictures of my lovely lady was sent to me. In no time I handed over the cheque to complete my deal. I was also given mats/ covers as freebies. The team at manakular Vinayakar motors really did a great job by ensuring minute details in preparing my companion. Now I'm happily married for the second time and looking forward to a long and everlasting relationship with my Italian beauty :):) All set to roll.....

Guys, need a suggestion here. I have found the below wrinkles in my leather seats. Not sure on how to get it fixed. Google doesn’t give me appropriate answers and I see suggestion to go for dry wash/ chemical cleaning etc. not sure if it is safe to be opted. Any suggestions on this please? Any way to get my seat condition near to perfect?

upload_2015-9-11_13-58-50.png

View attachment 82683

View attachment 82684
    PradeepM, Murphy_Fiat, pdash and 6 others like this.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congratulations on the New Ride !!!! The Tjet is an unsung Hero, It gives you more power than your i20 Diesel. and more mileage than your santro :)
    7.1 Lacs for this beauty is a steal. And you still get the warranty for 3 years/1,00,000 kms ?
  3. Swaminathan.B.S

Swaminathan.B.S Timido

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Sujit. Yes, it comes with warranty and the next 2 scheduled service is promised at free of cost by the dealer
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Swaminathan on owning the Italian Beauty!!!

Got a little confused though, when you say that the car is a display vehicle and also has covered 8000 Kms :woot:
  5. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats!! Enjoy the ride!
    Swaminathan.B.S likes this.
  6. Swaminathan.B.S

Swaminathan.B.S Timido

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Rite Vinit. The dealer clears off the TD vehicle once in every 6-8 months post which it is patched up and used for display until sale.
    The ODO was 8000+ was during its tenure as TD vehicle and roadshows hosted by the dealer.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Swaminathan.B.S from a fellow TJet owner. It's gem of a machine but highly under-rated. Enjoy the drives ahead.
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Good Thing that you bought this display vehicle. and then posted in the forum. If you had posted for suggestions on whether to buy or not. We would have confused you to no end :).
  9. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    7.1 lac is steal even its used for 8k kms...also this I presume would be emotion model..

Congrats on the purchase
    Have a trouble free miles ahead ...
    Swaminathan.B.S and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A real steal...congrats on your T-Jet :smuggrin: