1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pride Motors New Service Center in Miyapur, Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sravanpvsr, Aug 8, 2017.

1. sravanpvsr

sravanpvsr Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    It was exciting to read the SMS of a new authorized Fiat service center in Miyapur, Hyderabad. Pride Motors has the dealership of Jaguar, Land Rover & Jeep in Hyderabad already. Will be heading to it this weekend to check out the setup.

pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  2. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like fiat is joined the elite.

3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That's great news for Hyderabadis. Do check out and post some pics too about the work shop and location to benefit fellow Fiat owners

4. Mulki

Mulki Timido

Hyderabad, Telangana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Might not be such great news. Pride Fiat delivered my vehicle to me after Service and the rear left wheel came off as I was driving home.

I had given my Fiat Punto for Service and some other work which included Wheel Balancing and Alignment and replacement of Engine Mounts. Vehicle was delivered to me yesterday (13 September 2017) at my office. I took a small test drive with delivery driver at my office and noticed that there was some engine vibration in the mounts.

As I was driving home there was some additional vibration and just as I was taking a turn at a signal on a major T junction the left rear wheel came off the car and there was a grinding noise as the car suspension hit the ground. This is a catastrophic failure and could have resulted a dangerous accident had it been at a higher speed. It appears that the wheel nuts had not been tightened properly and they fell off with wheel coming off the car entirely.

In addition to the above, the Service Adviser neglected to inform me that only 2 mounts have been changed as they were out of stock of the 3rd mount. He informed this to me when I called him after my test drive to complain that there was still some engine vibration and noise.

I am shocked at the shoddy workmanship and lack of basic quality in fixing wheel nuts and did not expect this from an Authorised Fiat Dealer. I have never had a wheel come off in my 38 years of driving. I have written to Fiat regarding this incident.

Tried calling the Service Manager at the Pride Fiat Service Centre today but he is not reachable.

5. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, been a while since I visited the forums.

well, here is my latest experience with butta fiat hyderabad, reason for mentioning them here in this thread is, Mr. Prem who is the service manager at Pride fiat hyderabad, was the same service head at butta fiat and this was my experience.

well yes, I wouldnt expect even, good service from pride fiat hyderabad either and couldnt agree more with you, based on my personal experience.

the non standard work done on my car was removing, cleaning and refitting of the car radiator, A/C radiator/heat-exchanger, and the intercooler. All of that gets written in the Official bill as "SMART REPAIR OUTSIDE MACHINING".

They DO NOT have any kind of radiator fins cleaner, thread lockers, liquid sealants, clamps etc, to do a job like this. Forget this, even when some car's radiator or intercooler gets replaced, with a new one from them, they dont even bother to refit it as per fiat standards either, AUDACITY was, they claim it was their Standard operating procedure as per them and people are billed 2X-3X because its a Fiat Authorised service centre, even if their work is sub par.

I carried all the cleaners, lockers etc etc, stood there for the entire time and got things done while making sure, the monkeys for mechanics dint damage things in the process.

The above work, along with some regular service and other parts was billed and first bill handed to me read 31xxxINR, I had to, have a big argument with them over the same, given, I supervised the entire process and brought all the non standard parts(as per them) etc., then the bill reduced to 26xxx INR and when finally I was pissed enough to pick a fight, they corrected it to the correct amount of 24xxxINR as seen in the bill pictures.

They even added interior cleaning in the bill, in-spite of not doing the same on the car.

I am attaching the pics for people to see, I hope others dont suffer the same way I did with their atrocious and audacious behaviour.

Post this, I am happy sourcing/getting the parts online/else where and getting the car serviced from an Independent mechanic outside.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

20170131_183916.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    This is called preventive maintenance, one needs to make sure they do this, if one intends to keep the car for long term. Mine was a four and a half year old car during the above service.

post that clean up, car is running much better, and gives me confidence that its mechanically fit to drive, when ever I need.

They are just happy changing the engine oil and regular external wash and services etc... If some major service is needed post warranty I wouldnt recommend the Pride Fiat either.

6. sbattula

sbattula Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3

Hope your problem got corrected by the service manager? I just spoke to them! I m afraid that I need to give my new vehicle for second scheduled service this week! Please reach the Service Manager @+91-8367780653. I have spoken to them and they admit that there was some issue happened in September and they suspended the mechanic who was responsible for that issue.

Thanks

7. Mulki

Mulki Timido

Hyderabad, Telangana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I got call from their Service Manger who apologised profusely and they collected my vehicle for checkup and returned it. Everything appears to be ok so far. Have done another 6000+ Km since the incident, including one long outstation trip of over 2000Km. No issues so far.

Turbothinghy likes this.