1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pride Fiat Not Offering A PDI !!! Strange.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by vtlreja2, Mar 24, 2014.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guys, i just became the owner of punto mjd.

i have one question regarding the dealers.

i booked my car on 31st dec 2013. i was told by Pride Fiat (rajkot, gujarat) that your car is readily availabe in the stock & they will deliver it after the prior notice of 2 days from me.

i said them i will take the delivery after 14 jan 2014 however i would like to do the PDI now, the SA was shocked and replied that they have the special technicians for that purpose.

i insisted that i will join them but he was refusing stating that "You Should Trust On Us, Saarrr "

but i wasn't ready to take the delivery of car without actually seeing it & decoding the VIN,

Finally, he have to agree, and sent a PDI guy with me to the stockyard, just checked the VIN was nov 2013 mfg,

When i was decoding the VIN the PDI guy asked me that how dit you know the mfg date of car ???

that was insane. :shock:

I have to explain him how to decode the VIN.

i am posting this thread only for the purpose that no one should buy the car without a proper PDI, the dealer will try to resist a bit but, don't let him to do so.
    4 people like this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    First Congrats on your Hot Hatch. this kind of Dumb SA's are spoiling the brand name of Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to see buyers are well informed and good that you insisted for PDI.
    But let's face it, very small percentage of buyer are actually do PDI and VIN verification.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanx bro.
    yes you are right. fiat should start looking up how their dealers are doing.

- - - Merged Post - - -

yeah, but you know what was more shocking that the PDI guy was suprised seeing that vin decoding system.
    he was even asking me what would be the last two laters of 2014 mfg ??
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014