1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Price to pay for being cautious on highway-Damaged door and running board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by NitinGirish, Nov 1, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

thats great news Nitin :) i would suggest to take delivery in daylight if possible. Each time i have taken delivery after bodywork, i am able to spot something that requires another hour or so of work..
    3 people like this.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Thats right Venka. My plan was to have breakfast at that 'Thatte Idli' hotel. I have no idea how I missed Tumkur town. I was under the impression that I don't need to take any deviation and this road would lead into Tumkur town. Since we missed it I was quite keen on having breakfast at Sira as after this I was not sure of good eating options.

And I can't thank you enough for providing those contacts Shams. Jay has been gracious enough to have a look at the car and provide his feedback (which is more than positive :)) but yes I completely agree with what you are saying. I am planning to take half day off on Thursday and reach there around 3ish atleast.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

I decided to pay a visit today to K.H.T Motors. I called up in the morning to ask about the progress and as expected I was told the job was complete. Took half a day's leave and dropped in at K.H.T ~3PM.

After, today at K.H.T

Both these pictures have been shot using same Samsung 5MP mobile camera.

My fears about paint matching have been allayed. Paint match is excellent.

However, I did spot some minor issues and I have pointed them out to the SA for rectification.

Not sure how this has happened

Poor finish on the chassis. SA said this standard, I don't think so

Again, I am not sure how this can happen.

Another thing requiring attention

This could have been avoided

Panel gap on the affected door

Panel gap on the unaffected door

One final side profile for paint comparison :)

All the issues have been pointed to the SA and he has assured me it will be taken care of. It is not for nothing that people advise to take delivery after body work in daylight. Though these issues are minor would like them to have it sorted. Especially the paint spray on the door trim and the paint finish on chassis is disappointing.

Otherwise, the work done has exceeded my expectations:)

Many thanks to Shams and Jay (Jaykrishnakola) for all their help:) Had a nice long chat today with Jay today while I was at K.H.T.

I have requested SA to deliver it tomorrow to my place. Tomorrow I will post the details from invoice.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy to see your ride back to its glory.

The paint quality on the runner board looks same my ride. So, I think SA has told it right. It looks like some paint bubbling as shown in the pic.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Thank you for confirming about the paint quality mvb4u. Yup, I just showed that pic to my dad and he also said the same thing. SA Was right.

I am relieved :) Yup, those small things had they not arisen, it would have been perfect. But nevertheless, the core job quality was excellent and I can take these things in my stride. Doesn't really take anything away from my happiness. Also, they agreed the car to be delivered home so doesn't cause me any hassle either.

Sure, I will write a review tomorrow in KHT motors thread. For starters, let me just say this, I think from now on I will visit KHT for Punto maintenance inspite of the super-hassle commute involved.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I am not so sure about the quality of work. See circled areas.

There is some paint damage on the rear bumper and there seems to be some extra gap. Was this not part of the job?

Punto 1.jpg

Is it my computer screen or am I seeing some paint mismatch in the circled area?

Punto 2.jpg

8. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

That was not part of the existing job. This is there from a long time.

On the second pic, I am not able to make out anything unusual.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I zoomed to 800% to see if there is any difference in paint. At that level, I could notice very minor difference, but hardly noticeable. I feel the work quality is good in general, barring those issues. I think some of those happened while handling the door panel while fixing, while some are the result of inadequate attention during paint job.
  10. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Finally, car came home earlier in the evening. All those issues have been taken care of. Still can't see that paint mismatch, maybe I don't have sharp eye :)

Spare part details

Service Center review

Insurance company feedback

Thank you everybody for your feedback and guidance. Many thanks to Jayakrishnakola and Shams. The help you guys have extended has been effective and useful.