1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Price to pay for being cautious on highway-Damaged door and running board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by NitinGirish, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Ok got it. From main road you were getting onto service road to take a turn and this idiot crap came from behind and banged you.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yup, thats right.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Rs.25,707 is the total estimate submitted by K.H.T to the surveyor. Currently painting is in progress. I am sick and not able to visit K.H.T to monitor work :-(

Meanwhile, Bajaj has started acting up on claim approval. Surveyor is trying to refuse the claim by citing non-payment of road tax as the reason.

My father is a Central Govt. Employee and has paid annual road tax which expired in June,2012. Govt. of Karnataka has made it mandatory for Central Govt. Employees too to pay lifetime tax. This is being pursued legally by various employees union.

However, I see no connection between road tax and accident. Most importantly nowhere in the policy document is it mentioned that road tax validity is required to honour the claim.

Insurance Ombudsman also thinks the same. http://www.gbic.co.in/Synopsis/GIC/Vehicle/Vehicle-Book6.pdf Page 19.

Have written to the top management of Bajaj-Allianz last night. I am waiting for their response.

This one, I won't let go.
  4. venka

venka BANNED

Nitin,

Sad to hear this news.

As usual Insurance company is trying to escape from their duty, I would suggest before he takes any suggestion proactively involve and explain its govt problem not his problem. He has to approve the insurance as you have paid the premium for the insurance.
  5. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

Bangalore
    Sorry about the inicident happend, Its bit difficult to get claim settled from Bajaj alianaz they are not customer friendly....
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Nitin, Sad to see this..thank god nothing happened to anybody Wish your punto speedy recovery
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey buddy, can't believe are u sure it happened right in front of kamat upchar on the tumkur highway..:confused: i am recalling this incident happened in 2009 same place same vehicle .. :evil: its a Eicher brushed my indica and tear off the left portion completely.. he was coming in the wrong way on service road i was waiting for the U turn waiting for the vehicle to pass :chair: he honked and brushed me on the side with a loud noise...:A:A:A:A
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Another only in India experience.

Hope, everything gets sorted out soon.
    1 person likes this.
  9. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I did explain to him over the phone and I would never forget the reply I got from him-"Sir RC means road tax also"! He had no answer when I repeatedly asked him where in policy is it mentioned that road tax is required to honour the claim. And he came up with this gem. In any case, a mail and few phone calls they have agreed to approve the claim. As I type this, I get a confirmation from SA that claim is approved and Rs.2763 is payable from my side. That includes 1k of claims processing charges and 1k for interior cleaning from 3M.

You bet. They really gave me a hard time. I was hoping to rest today but for almost the whole day I have been on phone.

Yup, it happened in front of Kamat Upachar but on the opposite side. I mean one would have to take a U turn to get there from where this incident took place. God are these guys idiots or arrogant or both? Same thing happened with me too. Honked continously and just banged straight in.
    After numerous phone calls, finally things seem to be in place. Five minutes back I got the confirmation and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow evening. Door still needs to be fitted.

A quick conversation with SA got me this much information:

1. Door replaced
    2.Glass replaced
    3. Lock replaced
    4.Runnning board replaced
    5.Interior cleaned by 3M (chemical wash)

Door yet to be fitted and finall washing to be done.

I am hoping to go there on Thursday early evening.
  10. venka

venka BANNED

Because of this Six way conversion many people are getting confused where to take the U turn for KAMAT . There is no proper signs on this. As this is our regular stop when ever we are going to Native.

After this Work started We stopped going over there as its a pain to take the U turn and join back while going from Bangalore. I would suggest the forum members instead of having over there one can have in Kamata and fill the car tank in company Petrol bunk which is there exactly at 18km after the Jass and Toll or Idly shop at Kyatsandra.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012