1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Price to pay for being cautious on highway-Damaged door and running board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by NitinGirish, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There will never be a Factory finish. Not only with TASS, it is applicable to all other brand services too.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Left the car today at K.H.T motors for repair. Mr. Sarvottam called me around 11:30 AM when I was on my way. He is front ending and the interaction has been positive.

I was told by Mr. Sarvottam that the survey would happen on Monday as the surveyor had visited K.H.T at 9AM today. Tommorrow is a holiday.

But I got a call from Bajaj-Allianz Bangalore clains office that the survey might happen this evening or at max tomorrow morning. I wouldn't really mind a delay of couple of days.

Most critically, I would get to know the status of parts this evening. I am hoping they have parts in stock (will get to know little while later) else I am told it takes four business days to procure parts from FIAT.

I just hope I don't have to see the car in the sorry state it is in right now for many more days.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear about your incident. Check with them for the colour match exactly.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man, really sorry to see your ride in this shape! If and only if people could follow bare basic rules in our country! :evil: Dont worry, nothing is more precious than your life. Thank god that the accident wasnt fatal. These damages can be repaired and soon you will be able to ride your beauty. Don worry! Good luck and hope you get your beloved back to its glory soon....
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It will be good to have a word with Adit, so in case there is any delay in getting the parts, he will expedite it and ensure that things happens fast and work is done to your satisfaction.
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I am told since its white the colour matching would be accurate. But I would really like to know the details of it. Not sure if they have the specific colour code or do they get it from factory or they some other arrangement. I need to talk to them more on this.

Actually, one more friend was supposed to come along that fateful day. He didn't because his leaves weren't approved (applied in the last minute & no back-up).

Had he come one of us would have been seated next to that door, most probably me because I have the keeda of checking out rear seat comfort.

I got an update at 7PM that parts (door, running board & glass) are in stock. I thought of saying a hello to Adit but then gave that thought a pass thinking he might be busy. So far things seem fine. Once the sureveyor does his job the spanners would come out and the sleeves would be rolled up.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not true.

Bossa Nova White is one of the most difficult color to match. This is one special white and they have to be very careful to match exactly. Even a minor difference would be very visible with the BNW.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Sorry to hear about the accident. However i am wondering how this happened. You said you parked on left, still he dashed you on left side? did he go down the road and brush against your car?
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From the location, he should have either come up the service road, or must have expected the OP to get on to the service road and not stop. I have been thinking about this ever since the thread started, but resisted from asking, lest it be construed as finger pointing.

Rajan
  10. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I did not park but had stopped and was waiting. The same way one does before making a turn. He didn't brush but hit from his front end.

A pic of that place would have been more helpful I guess. In all that confusion I didn't take one. Yup, he was coming from service road and there was no way I could get on to the service road without stopping and looking for traffic from behind.