1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Price to pay for being cautious on highway-Damaged door and running board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by NitinGirish, Nov 1, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Sad to hear about this NitinGirish, Sincerely hope you get your car back ASAP.

I remember hearing a similar damage to Sathya_sc's T-Jet and it was repaired at a very minimal cost. So I don't think it's nothing to worry and you'll get it back in pristine condition.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    My blood boils looking at the pic of the Eicher :X look at the sticker on the windshield! Idiot! He would easily fix his damage with a hammer, but what about us :(
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Sorry to hear that you too had to go through a bad experience. Even in my case, car is in my dad's name. I had absolutely no intention of letting car out of my sights let alone leaving it there. Yes, that driver got somebody from 'Jaya Karnataka' to negotiate. But that guy isn't going away without paying the mamus. No way since he was cribbing about it while we left.

Why I approached police was, I have read numerous threads on online forums where they 'settle' stuff on road and then go on to file FIR and mamus come knocking on your door after aeons. My first concern was to see that I am not potrayed as an offender and have things in writing. I didn't want this unpleasant experience following me to Bengaluru.

I am hoping for that teky. My main worry is the running board and paint matching of the door.

Its not a coincidence that I was planning to pick up a rustic vehicle, maybe something like a MM540 to move around. But then they are enthusiasts taste and they aren't cheap. But I am going to pick up something like that in the near future and pay these guys back in the same coin :)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very unfortunate incident. Hope that everything gets sorted out soon.
    Do not worry about the running board. That can be repaired. But, I feel that the door may need a replacement. Did the TASS guys assess your car?
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Not yet, ramjn. Its a public holiday today. Besides I didn't know at the time of accident which A.S.S here had tie up with Bajaj Allianz. CC was not helpful.

Tommorrow morning I am going to A.S.S. Will keep this thread updated.

Does the new door from the come painted from the factory?
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure whether it will come painted from the factory. Will update you shortly on this. :)
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    No it doesn't come painted from factory. its painted at the service center.
  8. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thats another worry:sad:
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not really. Most service center guys match the color perfectly. Don't worry too much about it.
  10. :( Nasty....Really nasty...

Today I had visited our cooking gas dealers in order to pick up a cylinder(as the door distribution is in a complete mess since two months) and they gave me a leaking cylinder... I took it back and got it replaced, but a staff there took the cylinder and while taking it through the back left door he rammed the running board with the rusty and dusty cylinder(these irresponsible fellahs never even care to clean it, forget about paint u wont see a lot of red on that!! And they throw it and roll it in the mud to move it around...recklessness at its worst..)... I had felt like killing that guy hitting him with that cylinder itself... That was for two small scratches.. I can imagine what you would be feeling for this...

Its not about the colour...its the quality of work..!! Cant expect a TASS to do what's done in a Fiat factory..