1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Preventive Maintainence - 10 K driven in 6 months

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by nibedk, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi TFIANS,
    My Punto 90 HP has covered 10 K in 6 months with 65:35 split in favor of highways. Another 3K kms trip is planned next month and hence would be going in for quick check up of the car. I am planning the following things

-- Tyre balancing, rotation and alignment
    -- All fliuds check up and top up if required
    -- Underbody check up for any other issues.

Please let me know if anything esle needs to be checked. This is not a free service but more of a check up to make sure things are all fine before the long trip.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Since 10K is done, check if the oil needs to be changed, though the interval is only 15K. The the filters (Fuel and air)
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Irrespective of KMs make it a habit that you keep peeping in to the engine bay and keep checking it periodically. Also, after almost every 4K kms i remove the air filter and get it clean. I get it done either from FASS or any bike service center its a simple job and no would charge you a penny for it. :)
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    WA, balancing and rotation - get it done from outside FASS.
    Check and clean the filters.
    It totally depends on you, but I do change the engine oil every 10K.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Arryan any reason for getting it done outside FASS especially with 5 years warranty and 2 more free services left. This won't be a free service though but I get this done even for my swift every 10 k kms.
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Rarely have they managed to do it properly.
    It is better to get it done from a reputed shop outside FASS.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My own experience also suggests, get it done outside FASS.
    The tyre experts have to attend the cars visiting them only for tyres and related (unlike too many cars in one day at the FASS).
    If you face any specific problem with alignment (in my case, happened for rear wheels) get it done at FASS (on warranty, free of charge).