1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Presenting my Chevrolet Spark!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by saharsh, Jul 15, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    These City i-vtecs are good at mileage if their MID is to be believed. My cousin has one , manual tranny, and i've seen 18kmpl in city drives. 20 on highways as well (Trip mileages). Very impressive on that front.

17.8 kmpl for a slushbox is rather great. :)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

These City i-vtecs are good at mileage if their MID is to be believed. My cousin has one , manual tranny, and i've seen 18kmpl in city drives. 20 on highways as well (Trip mileages). Very impressive on that front.

17.8 kmpl for a slushbox is rather great. :)
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Is today , You are at fortune motors ??? Today i seen One Punto with abarth sticker , is it urs ??
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Good to see a thread on Spark :) I was meaning to start one but was hesitant.

I hope to take some notes on maintenance and upkeep with other Spark owners/users here.

W.r.t to mileage, it gives me ~11.5kmpl of LPG with 100%A/c on in city and ~13 on highway drives. Can cruise at 120kmph comfortably.

Of late though, I've been getting a 'thud' kind of sound from rear everytime I go over a pot-hole or a minor undulation. Anybody else experienced it here? I've taken an appointment this Saturday with Trident Chevrolet, hoping its not the dreaded rear suspension problem.

P.S: I have LT LPG 2011 Model, thats clocked ~11000 kms.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Update:

*Car is running as good as new.

*Giving a constant FE of 16 kmpl in Delhi traffic.

*The notchy gearbox is getting smoothened with time.

* Interior quality is splendid.Not a single rattle.(the earlier one was not a rattle)Nicely texured plastics and high quality seat covers.

*Steering feel is good for an small hatchback.

*Only 7000 kms in last 1.5 years.
    2 people like this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Spark is based on Daewoo Matiz. Its a car designed at the same studio where Punto was designed i.e. Italdesign studio. One can find thaat the basic outline shape of both Punto and Matiz are identical. So are the door handles and ORVMs to name a few.

Even Matiz was a good car with impressive mileage, good driving comfort and space.

Someone in my neighbourhood has a chromed up Spark. Looks great even with all that chrome jewellery.

Edit- Oops, forgot the reason for this post. @Saharsh, why didn't you consider Eon at all? Just want to know your opinion. Interiors of Eon are somewhat at par with Rs10 lacs cars in terms of look and appearance of plastic quality.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. Little offtopic ,but still need to ask .why not we do such threads on every car we have access too?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Sat, the primary objective is to have a databaase of Fiat cars. This will dilute that databse and searching for relevant info would be just harder.
  8. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Thanks for the post,PaddleShifter. At that time Eon was not launched and even it would have launched,I would not bought it due to its horrible engine and dynamics.While the interiors are simply amazing.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Which tyres is your Spark running on?
    1 person likes this.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    They're Apollo Tyres.No puctures,No noise.Great.
    1 person likes this.