1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Presenting my Chevrolet Spark!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by saharsh, Jul 15, 2012.

1. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Last year we decided to go for a new/used Small,High quality hatchback at a budget of 4 lakhs.
    We TD'ed the following cars:

1: Maruti Alto K10

2: The Chevy Sisters(Beat and Spark)

3:Few cars from Mahindra first choice.

Chevy Sisters: Beat was amazing and so was the spark. they were almost perfect. but we decided to check the other cars also.

Maruti: These cars never amaze me! all the things are typical "Maruti" like. poor plastics,cramped,the only +ves were the A.S.S and the gearbox.

Mahindra First Choice: The cars were in bad condition and all were highly driven (60k+)

The Decision:

We decided to g for Either Beat or Spark. and due t the Beat's waiting period and a bit higher price we decided to for the Spark.

We booked the LS Petrol Version in Petrol in Black.The booking was made in the first week of 2011 and the car was delivered at 26 march.:cool:

The Experience:

What I like:

Good Interiors

Nice steering

Nippy and quick

Respectable F.E

What I don't:

Not as modern as the Beat

Low Sales which is now near 700 units (I ain't bothered)

Chevrolet Spark Front.jpg

Chevrolet Spark Centre Console..JPG

GearKnob in Chevrolet Spark..JPG

Only 5000 kms till now.;)

Horn was not working but got it resolved

Reliable car.
    5 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats! I like the spark as well. ;)

Oh no! Horn not working? Chevrolet is a failed brand. Nothing can cure it. It's a gone case. It's history. It doesn't learn from history. Bye bye Chevy.

:lol: :lol:

Well, that's how a FIAT basher would've reacted had he heard a FIAT's horn was not working !!!
    10 people like this.
  3. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

ha..ha..ha..Good one. Anyway, Fiatians are level headed and are not the band bashing type. Well, Fiat may be their religion, but they do not berate other religions. Chevvy looks cute. How do you find it for drivability and comfort vis a vis Punto
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

I think this cuteness factor has been brought india by spark and smartness by Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

My brother bought a Chevy too..last month

Its a very good city car..easy & fun to drive in city..very light steering...

Surprisingly it pulls 5 ppl with ease..absolutely no engine sound.

However it fels strained beyond 100kmph..its expected though ..

Cute car!
    1 person likes this.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    What is the mileage you are getting? The Spark that I have barely gives 8-9 in City driving WITHOUT A/C. It keeps having niggling issues, the rear suspension was checked for noises, antenna had a leak which was changed within few day's. On highway's the Spark gives the same mileage as my Honda City A/T!
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Thats ridiculous...

He gets...around 13-14 in city and about 16-17 in Highway...(with low AC usage)
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

First things first. We shouldn't compare Chevy Spark with Punto or any Fiat. The true competetion for Chevy Spark is an Alto K10 or Hyundai Santro.
    I had an oppurtunity to drive Chevy Spark for few days. It surprised me in a lot of ways like space, ambience, driving comfort and pick up. From what I heard it also has a very good mileage in city, though I never personally checked it. Its way better than an Alto K10 or a Hyundai Santro, WagonR too probably, in pickup and city drivability. Absolute fun to drive never compromising on economy.
  9. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

I think there is some problem with yours. With absolutely sedate driving without AC I easily get 15.5 in the city and with rash driving and with AC it drops to a humble 12kmpl. In highway I have touched around 21 with AC and speeds around 50-70 kph. and without AC,I am sure it can touch as high as 23kmpl!
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have got the air filter changed & spark plugs cleaned. Let's see if there is any improvement.

On a unrelated note, yesterday on the way back from my mini-vacation, I filled up my Honda City A/T at the expressway and drove till Navi Mumbai with a mix of air con working intermittently. Driving was mix of expressway, palm beach road & Navi Mumbai city roads on a Saturday evening including a back road off seawoods estate in Nerul. The mileage I got was 17.8kmpl :).
    1 person likes this.