1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Present Road Condition from Bangalore to Dharmasthala

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vista7155, Aug 27, 2014.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,

As I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Dharmasthala this weekend.
    Can anybody provide information about present road condition and also please confirm can we take our punto on this stretch without any issues?

Moderators sorry for the inconvenience if any thread is going on please merge it as i was not able to search the thread
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Here we go with the road conditions and route options.

Route Options

Option 1 - Bangalore - Hassan - Sakaleshpur - Gundya - Dharmastala - (distance - 306 kms approx)

Option 2 - Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Mudigere - Kottigehara - Charmadi - Ujire - Dharmastala - (distance - 325 kms approx)

Road Condition

Option 1 - Brilliant roads from Bangalore to Hassan except for 1 km stretch near Hirisave. Hassan to Alur very good, Alur to Sakaleshpur majorly good with a few potholes here and there. Sakelshpur to Gunday decent to bad at a few stretches. Watch out for the road edges. turn off from the NH to Dharmastala - bad condition. Note this route has a lot more truck and bus traffic

Option 2 - Brilliant roads from Bangalore to Hassan except for 1 km stretch near Hirisave. Hassan to Belur very good roads except for Hassan city. Belur to Mudigere - good roads. Mudigere to Kottigehara - Good roads but a little bumpy. Kottigehara to Charmadi/Ujire - Superb roads but narrow at a few places. Ujire to Dharmastala - decent to broken roads. Lot less traffic on the Belur side.

Personal Choice is Options 2, as it is more scenic and has good roads for major portion. This route will take an additional hour for the journey.
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    hi nKrishnap,
    thanks for the information yes i will take option 2 and will update the road condition after trip.
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    I did Subramanya, Dharmastala, Sringeri, Udupi about 6 months back. Shirdi Ghats is the worst road I have ever driven. It was a real nightmare. Some of the potholes were so bad that you need a lunar vehicle. Amidst the worst road there were traffic jams!!
    So avoid option 1.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I went through shiradi ghat now it is in better shape but we can consider 10% bad road for the entire journey from Bangalore. Sakleshpura have some bad roads but these roads are manageable. I started at 7 am from Bangalore University and reached Dharmasthala at 1.00 pm including break for breakfast of around 45 mins and driving slow because of heavy rain for around 30 mins.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    nkrishnap likes this.
  7. dks

dks Timido

I am planning to start tomorrow morning 7 AM. Are the big pot holes near Sakleshpura better now? Do you suggest Sakaleshpurs route or the other route(option 2)?
    Did you manage to get Darshan after reaching at 1 PM @Dharmasthala?
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Sorry for the late reply Darshana started at 7 pm there was less people because of festival and Thursday the day I went I think today there will be little bit of rush as far as road is considered only near and inside Sakaleshpur bad roads are there and they are manageable
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014