1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Premium Hatchback or Entry Level Sedan. Need or Prestige issue:- Your view & exp.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by BoseSuman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Friends,

This is debatable question:- Premium Hatchback at decent price or entry level sedan as same price?

I am sharing my exp:- I was searching for Car in 2009 Nov, Frankly I am a Sedan lover, not because of Prestige, but with bigger boot & better space.

First option was:- Honda City, for petrol, started to think buy pre-owned one. After discussion this idea dropped. Cost was:- 4L for 2005 dec Honda city from Kolkata ( wanted WB registered car then).

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Option was New one:- Budget 7L,

Started searching :- Liked Linea, but it was costly for me 10.34 L On road Hyderabad ( Jan 2010), checked TATA Manza:- 7.10L for AURA ABS Model, didn’t liked the interior ( Elan not introduced that time). And then I saw cutie Red Punto.

Checked the boot first, saw it can take 15days trip luggage, I was happy to see, and felt that it has more that facilities than sedan & bit useful for parking too ( than Sedan)

First Time TATA-FIAT SA ( No one told me to go with TATA Car) told me that go with it, it has all, now a day’s parking space are becoming congested.

After that I felt that With these Premium Hatch do I really need a Sedan, Answer came from inside:- No. It was 7.14L On road for Punto Emotion Pack Diesel. When I finalized the deal and booked on 10[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2010, it was 7.70L.

Manufacured on 26[SUP]th[/SUP] MAY, booked on 10[SUP]th[/SUP] June, Final cheque provided:- 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June Paper signed by me on 26[SUP]th[/SUP] July ( got it on 27[SUP]th[/SUP] Morning).

Comparison:-
    Punto 90HP- Linea Emotion Pack ( Prior 2012 Emotion Pack or Current Dynamic).
    Punto 1.4Emotion Pack-Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack
    Polo 1.6- Vento 1.6 ( Petrol as diesel variant aren’t same).
    Fabia 1.6- Rapid 1.6( Petrol as diesel variant aren’t same).

Please forgive me if I hurt any Linea-Vento-Rapid owner, Just think to check our need & How other can fulfill it at lesser price. Please post your view with Sedan & Premium Hatchback

Is Sedan really needed if all requirement fulfilled by Premium Hatchback.
    1 person likes this.
  2. I was in similar situation when I was buying my car in 2009. The battle was between top end Spark and Punto 1.2 Active. My budget was 4L-5L and I liked only these two cars in that range. Finally, I bought Punto, as I don’t want to envy looking at other Puntos.
  3. It varies from person to person I guess,hatchbacks are best suited for Indian condition as well as Indian families(mostly 2-3 people travel all time,sometimes family).It is not only cost effective but easy to maintain...For me features(life saving) like ABS,Airbags matter a lot,so buying a sedan(low variant,with just ac and ps)which costs almost same as if not more than high end hatchbacks was never an option...

Earlier people used to buy Sedans because of boot space solely,but now many hatchbacks(except hatchbacks from maruti stable where boot space is a luxury and is meant only to keep spare tyres) have come with equally good boot space.:drinks
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Bosesuman, how many people in India really use their cars as a necessity for transportation, Most of the cars bought are for luxury (Prestige) or fashion statement. Can you imagine taking a sedan inside a busy street with narrow roads or parking it in the lots and how often we do a long trip..