1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Premium diesel or regular...

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by prasanthcr, Nov 12, 2010.

1. +1 gurjinder

the chemicals in these so called premium fuels eats the engine components over time. so its better stick to the regular diesel. and then it is lighter on the pocket even.

MODS: Thread can be closed or merged with the other thread
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Threads merged. Please use the "Report Post" feature if you see any duplicate thread. Thanks.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    After going through this thread, im just curious to understand what has Maruti or Tata mentioned in their manuals for Multijet engines? Does anyone know if it is mentioned so explicitely in the user manuals of VDIs and quadrajet versions?
  4. i am not sure about TATA or Maruti, but i use System D once in 10 tank full's, it has keep the car in it's peak performance and a free revving engine.
    I feel it keep s the injectors clean and it shows up in the way car behaves, As some body mentioned there are so many addtives and premium fuels out there so fiat wanted to play safe did not want some one pouring an untested/unwanted additive into the tank.

but the fact is using only normal Diesel will shave some kind of congestion created in your fuel delivery systems like injector, CR etc.
    I would recommend using system D once in while if not every tank fill.
  5. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Good point by Sat-Chit-ananda. I use premium fuel for my bike once in a while and it had the same effect as mentioned by him. I have not done this for my car yet.
    But as the manual clearly states not to use premium diesel for the car I will probably stick to the manual.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I once used System D straight from the bottle to the injector pump in my Toyota Diesel. The complete System D was mixed with around 300ml of diesel. This juicy mix was fed straight to the injector pump. I felt the engine idled crisply after that.

It's a very extreme way of doing it, but i wanted to try it.

As for premium fuels, please avoid any.
  7. Whoa! i wouldn't try that, but all i add is quarter ml of system D to a liter of Diesel.
    yes as you said engine purr's.
    I found adding once in 5th o6th tank full will benefit.
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When I went for my first servicing to Auto Sterling, I saw System-D in the showcase and wanted to buy it, since I use System-G on my WagonR even now.

However, I was specifically told by the SA that System-D is NOT to be used on the Punto MJD. He also cautioned me to use only normal Diesel.

So, it may be worth sticking to this advice.

Regards
    Johnny
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    tata NA engines love system D. if you pour system D in a tata indica NA engine runs better.

i am not sure how it would react with Fiat MJD engines.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @amit, what you will say for our Linea MJDs then? Putting system D for the span of every 10th refueling is good/o.k./bad??
    I havent used it but many people are saying it wont harm, what you'll say about this?
    Im runing on 15,000kms done 2nd service. But instead of increasing,my FE gone down to 12/13kmpl from 15kmpl on same route. TASS did a normal initial check up when i reported about it but nothing was found. What should i do?? My IC shows 24-26 at 80kmph. But after that if i push my car till 100kmph with extra cautious light foot IC dont stick to same figures, n keeps going down! Any suggestions?
    I believe that atlest after second service FE should increse only instead of going down. Atleast should stick to same figures.
    Please HELP!