1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Premium diesel or regular...

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by prasanthcr, Nov 12, 2010.

1. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Re: high speed Diesel fuel for Punto...good or bad

From what i understand it is not that premium fuels clog pathways in the engine, its just that there are a wide variety of additives out there and the manufacturers can not gauge what impact these different additives in premium fuels might have on the engine. Which is why they chose to play safe and recommend only regular diesel.
  2. Re: high speed Diesel fuel for Punto...good or bad

So what do you suggest guys...should i stop using the High Speed (Considering i am getting that fuel for free) and go for Standard to be on the safe side. Or i can continue using that....? :confused
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

[attachment=0:hvtcprzy]Untitled.png[/attachment:hvtcprzy]

Sirjee its clearly mentioned ,,, y go for faltu jhamela ....

Dlp_dmk

Untitled.png
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

Karan, I have driven ~38K with absolutely normal diesel. I think if premium diesel would not have had some sort of bad effect on MJDs, FIAT would not be explicitly writing, " Use normal diesel only".
  5. Re: high speed Diesel fuel for Punto...good or bad

Dilip and AXN sir.....daato mat....maine normal diesel dalwana start kar diya hai.....
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

::T
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    atleast for the MJD stick to normal Diesel...
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    great info bro. thanx 4 sharing it!!::T
  9. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Punto 90HP - Premium Diesel - reg

Hi All

I own a Fiat Punto Diesel 90HP. The owners manual says not to use premium diesel. Any idea why?? Does this mean i should not use HP Power Diesel or Hi-Speen Diesel.

Would be great if anyone can help.

Regards
    MrBig
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hey Mr.Big , there are already a few threads regarding the use of these so called premium fuels in our FIATs. Like this one. So do search before creating a new thread. ;)

As for your query , the premium diesel is nothing but additives added to the normal diesel and advertised as some sort of "performance" diesel.

What i feel is that its just a way to milk the customers to pay more for these advertising gimmicks.

Stick to normal diesel. Because these additives will not suit the Multijet and its associated components in your Punto. Plus you can keep your running cost that bit lower.

Gurjinder.