1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Premier Rio : Fiat is giving it's MJD engine to this flop product?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

1.2 engine made in China . I hope it doesn't explode on starting, or eat itself if it is revved to the redline. :helmet
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    The current Rio somewhat reminds me of FIAT Panda to some extent. If it were manufactured by FIAT I would have surely considered it seriously. The current manufacturer isn't even worth looking at the product. I have scared away at least 2 people from ending up with a Rio.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

+1 to what Yashik said .

FIAT Panda SUV

Check out the fiat compact panda based SUV . It looks similar to the RIO or maybe the RIO was inspired by this .
  4. + Bansal Ji, We will book together, if Fiat Panda available in India.

I love state seating, look-o-like Wagon Type of body, and if it available in MJD. Soone Par Suhaga.

Nice link Gautam, here one more!
  5. But why FIAT is givig it's engine to this flow product, wont this reduce the name/fame of the engine?
  6. I guess the situation will be opposite. Rio will attract more buyers due to MultiJet engine.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It is a VERY smart move by Fiat.

Finally, Fiat will be able to claim that a Fiat branded MJD engined car outsells a non Fiat branded MJD engined vehicle! :lol
    1 person likes this.
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

Panda Cross unfortunately in the UK is over 10 lakhs. Don't even want to know what it would cost by the time it will be on the road in India.