1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Worshiped FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by metal_heart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @metal_heart I too bought a used GP 90hp 2010 recently. I had the same problem with the MID showing 'Airbag failure' and 'ABS not available'. I too tested the battery which was good. Yet it turned out that the battery was the culprit and after replacement of battery I no longer get these messages. Please test with a new battery installed and see if the messages are still coming when you crank the engine. That way you can clear the air.
    Coincidentally I too had issues with pick up/hesitation when I bought it. I cleaned my MAF sensor with Isopropyl alcohol 90%. I used a plastic bag, by filling it with IPA and put the MAF in it, closed the bag with a rubber band and left it overnight. In the morning I shook the bag thoroughly for a while and allowed the sensor to dry for an hour in shade after draining the IPA and taking it out of the bag. It worked.
    I believe you are yet to have a look at your intake Manifold, MAP sensor and EGR. Hope giving a good clean to these, hopefully would solve the pick up issues, as it did for me. Also have the oil separator check for any blockage. Blockage in oil separator means breathing problems to crankcase due to increasing pressure, on account of blowby gasses. In my case the oil separator was completely blocked with oily gunk and I replaced it for the better.
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I am
    The things I don't like about car; I have already mentioned in my thread. I have already covered 20K in past 1 year
    Prathap Chandran S likes this.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    IMG_3392.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pabhishek and Prathap Chandran S like this.
  4. Prathap Chandran S

Prathap Chandran S Timido

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Great going metal_heart. Wish you many more happy miles.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
    metal_heart likes this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Where did u get this IPA? Could you share more details

EGR, Intake, Intercooler were cleaned 8k back. Those should be in good health

What's this?? Where is this located and how to clean
  6. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got IPA from eBay.

It is located to the left side of the engine just below the intake Manifold. You can see a hose (crankcase breather) from crankcase (from cam vover) leading to this part. Also you can follow the breather line terminating to the intake hose from air filter just before the turbo. This part is difficult to clean and mostly replacement will be the option. Here is the 99rpm.com link for the part.
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oil-separator-1-3-mjd-linea.html
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016