1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Worshiped FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by metal_heart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^looks like turbo hose leaking or crack
    M not expert here but symptoms suggest that.
    Get it checked.
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah, Probably. But shouldn't loss of pickup and/or lethargic behavior also be evident. Not sure of excessive black smoke though, I havn't noticed specifically.
    Just to mention, I got EGR cleaning done (EGR, Inter-cooler, Manifold); could it be related to this anyhow
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    The car celebrates her half birthday today with me. Completes 6 months (12K+ KMS) with me. Last week, got the EGR, Intake Manifold, Inter cooler cleaned and AC serviced along with replacement of cooling coil. Post EGR cleaning, there is a definite noticeable difference in driving capability; with car behaving more free reviving and eager to sprint

Got this fixed. Apparently a hose was left loose during the last visit to workshop. Took almost a complete day and multiple RCA, to find out the problematic area. Glad it was just a loose clamp.
    Ravi_M and vtlreja2 like this.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Few random shots

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2981.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG
    Ravi_M and pabhishek like this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Reached 70K, while on 1000 km highway trip.
    IMG_2994.JPG
    Got decent mileage, but still unable to beat the figures posted by other members
    Ravi_M and vtlreja2 like this.
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Recent 550km highway trip returned the lowest ever highway mileage. Got just 17.3 kmpl (measured tankful - tankful autocut) with 95% of highway drive.
    Unable to figure out this drop; driving style has been same (90-110 kmph); same petrol bunk for refueling before journey; 100% AC (as always) and same no of occupants and no major traffic through out journey.

Similar drive has always given 19+ kmpl
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    A mileage of 17.3 kmpl is still good. Remember, during summer the AC compressor works more which takes more fuel. :)
  8. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Its been long; I havn't posted any updates. Here it goes

The car completed 75000 KM. Got the service done recently and replaced all oils & filters. This time its Delvac 1 running in her veins. (Lower engine noise than previous oil; but too unfair to compare noise of new oil/with old one). One of the turbo hose was cracked and has been replaced as well. Also got the MAF sensor cleaned.(EGR,Intake,Intercooler were cleaned 5-7K km back)

Lately, for the past few months; the car's FE has been decreasing drastically.
    My daily drive is slow but smooth flowing traffic; was earlier able to extract 15-16 kmpl ; which now has dropped to 11-12 kmpl (under similar conditions). (100% AC) My earlier highway drives used to give 19-20 kmpl; which has now dropped to 16-18 kmpl (90-100 kmph cruising speed)(100%AC)

Few observation in car's change in behavior
    - pick up has reduced especially until 3k rpm
    - No turbo boost noticeable @2k but a very prominent @3K. (Car just takes off @3k)
    - if I floor the pedal post 2k rpm; the response is not sudden (takes a while)

The car hesitates until ~2800 rpm; but post that its very free revving. In other words; the boost takes long to build up and isn't evident until 3000 rpm. With a very light foot; there isn't any noticeable change in behavior but with heavy foot it runs out of breath in 1/2/3 gears (until 3k RPM) as boost isn't built up until 3K (or takes long to build up). Infact; if I floor the pedal at 2k (on 2nd /3rd gear); the car doesnt respond for few seconds

The mechanic suspects a worn out clutch. Though I'm still not 100% convinced about clutch issue as there isn't any impact of performance on top end. (In fact; it sprints post 3k. (In fact, the behavior the car should have shown at around 2k is now evident at 3k)
    (Neither do I notice rising RPM issue). If I floor the pedal (while in 2/3 gear @ 2000 RPM; needle rise according to speed but progress is very slow

Under light foot driving
    RPM idle's at
    2k - 80 KMPH (5th gear)
    2.5K - 100 KMPH (5th gear)
    3k - 120 (5th gear)

2k - 60 KMPH (4th gear)
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    After Rinse less wash

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

IMG_5834.JPG

IMG_5835.JPG
    PradeepM and Ravi_M like this.
  10. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Encountering a weird problem randomly. Sometimes; the car doesn't start in first crank. The first crank (even after 4-5 sec) doesn't make the car start. I then turn off and crank again; and it starts normal.

I noticed this first time few weeks back and it never happened again; but happened thrice few days back. (Didn't happen again in last 20-25 cranks). Since it hasn't happened a lot; i can't comment on a pattern

what could be the culprit here?