1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Worshiped FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by metal_heart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @metal_heart

it happened to me also and asked fass to check the glow plugs in the last service camp and they found out that one of the glow plug has gone kaput and they replaced it under extended warranty.

i believe if you don't face any issues while starting the car then you check the condition of your "glow plugs" during the next service only.
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,

Could you help me with leads of Competent & Established AC Service & Repair (Car) FNG in Noida. The AC makes hissing sound; probably the gas is leaking and odor is present inside the cabin as well. (Could be leakage in cooling coil??).

Also what's general AC service cost (say including cleaning & gas top up; or anything else taken care of generally)
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Another Milestone achieved. 65000 km crossed, while on a 1350 km road trip over the weekend. FE achieved 18.9 kmpl (as per MID) for the complete trip (Highways, Hills, No roads; with sincere effort not to cross 120 kmph). At the end of trip, completed 9k ( approx. 4 months) since ownership. No major issue(s), but few things are still open

- Unable to shuffle songs (CD).
    - Blue & Me struggles to understand my accent. Media Player take 3-5 attempts to understand my command (sometimes never)
    - Blue & Me doesn’t read all songs from USB
    - Irritating wind noise in cabin on speed over 100
    - Loud engine noise inside cabin (Was able to compare, when did a test drive of another linea)
    - Sluggish 1st and 2nd gear (not sure, if anything can be done; apart from re-map).

Things to love

- Power (Once it crosses 2k rpm)
    - Steering & Braking (No nonsense, No Drama)
    - Back Seat Comfort
    - Feature rich (almost)

What could have been better
    - Locking Mechanism (Unlocking any door, should only unlock it. Option to lock/freeze rear doors; just like power window lock.). NCR isn’t safe, this feature is necessity.
    - Better low beam throw
    - Remote Control for Audio
    - Better Gear Ratio (Wish: 6th gear and 1.6 MJD)
    - Little more leg room (rear)
    - Bottle holder in each door (Have to stop every time, when thirsty (if travelling alone), as there is no place to keep bottle)
    - Better sound insulation.

High Beam Timer (For everybody).

Wish manufacturer, put a timer with High Beam (can’t stay ON for say more than 10 sec). Automatically dips to low beam afterwards. In rare case or on highways, driver can change setting from MID increase the timer to say 4 hrs). Timer reset to 10sec, when car is switched off. Sadly, education is not for everybody; some learn the hard way

Total Expenditure (till date) – approx.
    Fuel – 22000
    Service & Repair – 20000
    Detailing- 3000
    Accessories – 4000

Bitter Experience(s)

- Paint chipping – My 70% of drive has been on highway, and stone fly(ing) has caused numerous paint chips and minor dent on bonnet/roof. Not sure, if there’s any solution to it (except avoid tailgating the truck/bus)

- Incompetent FNG. I opted FNG over FASS for good, but the experience has not been good till date. Looking for leads on competent FNG in Noida and/or view about FASS in Noida

Another road trip is planned (after 2 weeks). Please share your suggestion(s) for drive here
    https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/advice-needed-srinagar-in-mid-feb-via-road.15422/
    Ravi_M likes this.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @metal_heart, I liked your idea of timer for high beam. Indians won't do this on their own, only some policy can implement this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3

Got the two glow plugs replaced but even after replacing the glow plugs (brand - BOSCH India), the warning is still present. Got checked the relay, timer and other glow plugs as well. No issue found.
    The technician "speculates", it could be because of BOSCH India; as the original present are of different manufacturer. Also he mentions, the replaced glow plug heating is slower as compared to the other one(s).

Anybody faced similar issue?
  6. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi metal_heart,

I also had Linea emotion 2010 model and replaced suspension when odo was 70k kms.Its been a year and half now and i have roamed 27k kms on highways in 7 months.I usually get FE of 18 to 19 on highways.Recently i also got same issue which you mentioned.I enquired and suggested its better to replace in fiat service so i have not done that yet.for me one plug need to replace.And when your are changing the Bosch plugs some one suggested that need to replace all with one brand.So there will no issue in heating.

Being a fiat fan, i enjy the drive in my tank at any speeds.
    metal_heart likes this.
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Replaced one of the BOSCH India, with BERU and the issue is sorted now.

Unfortunately,
    The LHS Low Beam's Bulb has gone kaput. Can anybody help me with any links for DIY (to change the bulb).
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Get a H7 bulb and replace. The left side bulb replacement is a pain thanks to the windshield wiper tank and the fuse box.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Any pointer to competent AC mechanic (FNG) for FIAT car(s) in Noida.
  10. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Lately, I have been noticing a faint sound (similar to AC compressor running), while I accelerate. The sound vanishes as soon as I lift my foot off the gas pedal. Not sure, how to explain the sound, but its very similar to sound of AC compressor.

It starts around 1500-2000 rpm and remains until i lift my foot off the pedal. It happens with and without AC. It happens during cold and hot engine temperature.

Any hints??
    vtlreja2 likes this.