1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Worshiped FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by metal_heart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    upload_2015-12-28_15-9-49.png

Did a recent trip to howetown, and got a decent fuel consumption. Tried keeping the speedometer below 100 kmph, as this stretch always has speed guns/check posted (Saw thrice, in this trip).

Have observed, the fuel gauge takes lot of time to show correct reading (after tankfull). 15-20 mins, to be precise. Is it normal?? (my alto use to show almost instantly 1-2 min)
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello there,

Please let me know what reading are you looking for, is it the fuel gauge.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, The fuel needle to indicate amount of fuel left. After tankful, it take good 20 min (sometimes more) to start showing correct reading. Is it the default behavior, or an issue (though, it isn't a big deal, but just curious)
  4. Ananth_90

Ananth_90 Timido

Kochi
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just switch off the engine while filling fuel. When it is turned on after filling, it will show the correct reading.
    metal_heart likes this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Interesting, would try this in next filling. I never switch off, while get fueled. I generally use that time for turbo idling/engine warm up, as most of re-fuel(s) are either at start of journey or end of it
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate,

It is recommended we switch off the engine completely at fuel stations, as there are numerous instances where the attendants at fuel pumps have filled in the wrong fuel messing up the engine. The damage is less comparatively when the engine is switched offas the fuel would not circulate.

Cheers.
    pradeep.
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Very well said. I too have read handful of cases of wrong fuel (though, i'm vigilant for the fuel, but precaution is always better than cure).
    I do re-fuel my other car as well (petrol), so chances of me stopping at wrong inlet is high.

OT: Diesel in petrol vehicle is much harmful, than other way round (not that, I want to test it; but just for knowledge)
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I have never observed this behavior. I always keep the engine off while filling the fuel. When I turn it on, the needle shows correct amount of fuel on the indicator immediately.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    The trick worked. while getting tankful yesterday, switched off the engine; and needle jumped to full as soon engine started.
    Thanks again.
  10. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

There is a random warning displayed 'Check Glow Plugs' (have seen it till date 3-4 times in last 3-4 months). The warning is displayed, when i start the car and goes away in 5-10 sec. It doesn't happen always, just randomly. As of now, couldn't see any pattern like cold start/start after stalling/ etc.

Its only displayed, when i crank/start the engine and never while running.

I took the car to FIAT checkup workshop (approx month back), not sure if the scan the ECU; but nothing was mentioned. At that time; it had only occurred twice; and it skipped my mind to mention them.