1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Worshiped FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by metal_heart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would still suggest you the below options.

1. Stick to Selenia WR 5W-40 and change it every 7.5k kms along with the oil filter
    2. Mobil 1 Delvac 5W-40 and change it every 10k kms along with the oil filter

Do not add any additives along with the Engine oil.
    metal_heart likes this.
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I got the Brake Pad & Brake Disc changed.
    Also got WA & WB done (Result attached). I advised them to check rotor(s), don't remember if they checked or not

I'm facing issue while breaking. Whenever from high speed (say 80 or above), I press the brake pedal slightly (without much pressure), there is a strong vibration on steering. The vibration dies, if i further press down the pedal.

(not while breaking)
    Also, the car pulls to left (I did check the tire pressure in all)

What could be the cause?
    - Incorrect Balancing
    - Incorrect Rotation (Couldn't check that moment, if rotation was front to back or the guy did it diagonal)
    - Alignment (for left pulling)

Can you guys advise, if WA & WB result are fine. and what could be cause of the issue.

IMG_2810.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Posting the WA result again ( the earlier pic had missing final values)

IMG_2811.JPG
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Filled it up again, and for the first time, got the lowest avg. fuel consumption (~15). This time it was 100% City, mostly being B2B. Rest all drives included 70-90% of highways (with 100%AC). Below are figure(s) to support

upload_2015-12-13_20-34-19.png

I generally prefer to do tank full. The partial fillup(s) are from highway bunk(s), and i just fill, as much as i need to reach destination. (Don't trust highway pumps)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    I have tried both the ones. Here is my prespective:

Selenor WR 5W-40: Its hard to procure it. Nothing great about this oil and ratings wise nothing great to write about.
    Mobil 1 Delvac 5W-40 : Its CI rated oil. So you ll get excellent protection. But with so many fakes floating around in the market and for the price, its not worth it.

I have been using Shell Rimula R4 15W40 which is CI+ rated oil. Excellent wear protection. Engine runs smooth. Its an absolute value for money. I ll definitely recommend this.

If you can procure Motul Tekma 15W40, then you can try that as well. Its comparable to Shell Rimula R4.

And always change the oil filter whenever changing oil. There is no point in spending on the oil without changing the filter.
    asimpleson and Raaz like this.
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Brake Pad(s) & Disc were changed in recent service. I just noticed today, break make squeaky sound, when brakes are applied lightly when the car is crawling. I'm not able to hear this inside the cabin, but noticed today, when car was moved by someone, and i was standing outside

Possible cause???
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I will second @avnsiva's recommendation. But it would be nice to change semi synth oil at 7.5k kms which is generally a good period to play safe with oils for most Indian conditions. Also inclined not to push above 10-12k even for the supposed very good expensive oils. Remember the word Synthetic is very tricky. Synthetic ≠ more protection, but could mean extended protection over a prolonged period. How much how long can always be debatable. Further queries/discussions if any you can take up at thread dedicated to engine oils. Get the crank oil seal replaced during next oil change if possible. Just for added peace of mind and avoiding unpleasant surprise of oil spill in engine bay.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on the car, it indeed looks in great shape.
    Also somehow I think your FNG charged you equivalent to fasc or may be marginally more on labour charges.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, Even i feel the same way, but going to FNG wasn't to save on labor (primarily) but to ensure, everything is looked into and work can be done infront of me (rather than me sitting in lounge). Because this was a major service (also, the first one since my ownership), I couldn't afford the "for granted/negligent" attitude from FASS technician.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @metal_heart, FASC would also allow on the floor, you need to request for the same and as far as I know they would not object on this. I stay along with the car all times when it is at the service center.

Good to know that you are very careful and watchful and I am sure the car would be well take care by you :).

Enjoy your drive and keep us updated.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    metal_heart likes this.