1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre service - Engine oil and sparkplugs

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by BAINS_5003, Feb 27, 2013.

1. i'm going to take my linea 1.4 FIRE , emotion for a service on the 9th of march. This is the first time i will be going instead of my father :p . I was thinking of going with a fully synthetic engine oil this time instead of semi synthetic it's done approximately 29k kms. I was also thinking of going with NGK sparkplugs. Any suggestions?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1. If the car is still in warranty and will be serviced by TASS - you cannot choose your own oil. You will have to use Selenia.

2. Just stick to the OEM ones. Chance is they will be supplied by some big manufacturer like NGK / Denso / Bosch etc. Our cars don't need any special plugs :) If you go aftermarket, you will have to make sure the heat range / thread depth of the plug matches with the OEM one ; if not - you're on your own.

Cheers.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

AFAIK,Fiat Uses Selenia K for petrol engines which is FS.
    WR is semi which is used for MJD's
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Nah mate. Both K & WR are semi synthetics.

Only Selenia Pure Energy (PE) is full synthetic which we don't get in India.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. its been three 3+ years since i bought it
    and by ngk i mean iridium ones which have a long lifetime and help the engine perform better
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I doubt if it will show any increase in performance.
    Remove one spark plug from your car and note down specifications. Then search for a plug with those specs in iridium catalog. The gap can be set afterwards but all other specs have to be same.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    NGK doesn't have Iridium Spark Plugs for linea
    ngk.png
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Seriously dont buy any Iridium plugs etc and waste your money. You are not into performance mods etc.

A concentional NGK and a NGK G-Power is far more than enough for a stock car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. :(
    lets see
    what about the engine oil guys ??

- - - Merged Post - - -

ummmm what?? :/