1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Owned BNW Punto Active - Ownership

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by whitepunto76, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @whitepunto76 : break pads, Strut Mounts ordered from 99rpm as well?
    fluids used are fiat recommended?
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Breakpads & Strut Mounts are from 99rpm.
    Fluids are from TATA. If we need fluids from FIAT OEM, then again we need to order or buy OTC from FASS.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 29, 2015 ---
    Pics of brake disc, manifold and overall cleaned car.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2015 ---
    Did the regular NICE road to Kanakapura drive of 35 kms on Sunday. Felt the engine has become refined, can feel the grunt of the engine, breathes very well and accelaration response has definitely improved around 30-40% after EGR set cleaning.
    Should plan for some solo drives during weekend to get best out of this mile cruncher.

Small Observation
    I feel some vertical pitch effect in low speeds. Not that much, but its present.
    And when i take a sharp turn there is some body roll. Probably due to 65 aspect tire effect.

The seat position is very low and I personally use pillows while driving.
    With added cushion, I can easily rest my left & right legs on ABC pedals comfortably.
    Need to get this stitched perfectly for the height.

Fitting Auxiliary lamp like Hellas or Neolite which can add more lighting
    Even though I have 100/90 relay Philips Rally its not enough.
    Can anybody suggest how to focus the headlights? Mine seems like spreading out rather than focused
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Lately i am experiencing grinding sound from rear left wheel while taking right turns.
    2 days back, I went over a uneven cement hump on kanakapura road. From then on, I am experiencing this issue.
    I checked personally if the wheel is touching the arch. Its not touching or rubbing. Dont know what is the cause.
    Just 15 days back serviced in Pride, and they confirmed bearings were fine in rear drums.

Any suggestions please?
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Latest update. Did the clutch replacement done at KHT today. Its took close to 5 hours to perform complete removing and refitting. During the removal process, got checked Master & Slave cylinders. Both are in good conditions. No issues. There was a crack in Link Rod (C-type) mount. Got it replaced. Also, got the WA & WB done in KHT. Drove the car and clutch has very good bite in selection of gears. Slotting gears have become effortless and smooth. Overall a positive improvement and am happy. KHT service is good. Even though its sunday, the technician worked pretty calm and detailed out all the process. It is a tedious task on clutch replacement process.
    Really felt happy seeing the silver finished flywheel. No burns or scratches. No visible damage to Pressure plate/Clutch plate or thrust bearing. However, checked out the springing action was not working as expected and it had worn out. Technician was eager to explain the details and its working.

High level Steps performed-
    1. Removal of Engine cap/upper pipes/hoses
    2. Removal of Battery
    3. Removal of front wheels/brake calipers
    4. Removal of Track Rod ends/ Lower ball joints
    5. Removal of mounts of driver shaft/sub-frame
    6. Support the engine upper block with heavy steel bar to hold in position
    7. Remove sensors around the gear box & gear oil drained
    8. Remove the gearbox from the engine set
    9. Voila!! There is the Clutch/Pressure plate.
    10. Clean lot of brown dust collected around the flywheel due to friction effect
    11. Clutch set was hot to hold as well. Removed and checked the spring
    12. Sand paper cleaning, greasing of drive shaft. Cleaned with Wruth Spray
    13. Got the new clutch kit - Valeo Make
    14. Fitted the release bearing to the lever to check the action
    15. greased the surface
    16. Cleaned the Flywheel. It had mirror finish with no burn marks or deep scratches
    17. Fitted the clutch kit with the alignment tool
    18. It took 4 people to refit the gearbox back. Same people to remove it earlier
    19. refitting all the hoses/sensors/mounts
    20. Refilled back the gear oil & finally other components till the engine cap
    21. Found a crack in the Link Rod Mount. Replaced this mount
    22. Brake pedal had some noise. Corrected that as well

Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing -
    Seems like the earlier slight left pull is gone. Car is perfectly straight.

Driving Exp-
    After the replacement, took the test drive and gears were immediately smooth. No hinderances. Slots the gears really well.
    No too much strain in pressing the clutch. Infamous super soft Punto Clutch gave much confidence. Vibrations of steering wheel has come down. Overall satisfied. Thanks to KHT technicians.

gklc811, pdash, Turbothinghy and 2 others like this.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

I am closing in for 60000kms service. Seems like this is major service for Punto.

Following are recommended for this service:
    1) All Filters replace (Oil/Air/Pollen/Fuel)
    2) Engine Oil Change
    3) Replace Power Steering/Transmission/Coolant etc
    4) Auxiliary Drive Belt and Tension Bearing
    5) Plus normal service wear n tear of Suspensions/AC/Hosing/Turbo etc.

Is it mandatory to change Drive belt at this stage as the current belt is working fine.
    I am about to order these from 99rpm and get it serviced from Pride Cars.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Friends - Appreciate few inputs on 60K service. Particularly on Aux drive belt and impact if I change at 70-75K service.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

attaching my bills for the 60k, not sure how much it will help? but you can take a look at it.

bill 2 punto 60k.jpg

bill1 punto.jpg
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

@bibin : Thanks for the copy. However, I see only mention of trans belt.
    However, when I order from 99rpm I see Aux Belt + Trans Belt + Tension Bearing set which is costing 5300.
    60k service is too costly and quotation itself is close to 15000 for parts+engine oil.

Hence, I am thinking if there is a way to check the reliability of Aux Drive belt.
    If its good, I can continue to use it and change in 70K/75K service. Is it worth to take this risk or just get the belt replaced as preventive action.
    I assume no need to change the timing chain for now. Probably should get it checked with mechanic.
    bibin likes this.
  10. Mohith

Mohith Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    My 2009 punto is close to 55k and the last service bill was close to 8k. Our car is very reliable and the service from A S S is also very acceptable. The service cost is similar to our Tata Indigo.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016