1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Owned BNW Punto Active - Ownership

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by whitepunto76, Jul 29, 2013.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Need help in getting the door locks fixed. Is there any other option?
    Called up few guys locally and they said to replace the current door lock to Power Door lock similar to Dynamic.
    Costing around 5000. Not sure to go for it or not. Please help.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Don't blame fiat for your mistakes. It seems like previous owner messed completely with the car.
    Get everything checked thoroughly and fix it ASAP before it affects something else.
    1 person likes this.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Completely agree. I am bringing the car to my taste and these minor things pulls me off.
    Going to change those door locks to Power locks today and see the difference. Hopefully, this should resolve.
    I am planning for a 3000kms drive in Dec last week and hence the worry.

Thanks for support.
    1 person likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

That's the spirit sir!!
    Get everything checked and corrected. Wish you a very happy and safe trip. I am sure she loves you more now
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

At last, I got actuators of Punto and got it fixed from vecto motors. All 4 door lock actuators (green color) were replaced from flimsy Autocop actuators.
    Since, mine was Nov 2011 it did not had OEM actuators. Working fine now.
    Next problem is rat menace. A dead rat is stuck in the AC blower and cabin is full of foul smell.
    Need to check this thing and how would rat get into the blower. Still surprised. Autocop siren wire was eaten up as well.
  6. Rockster24c

Rockster24c Timido

Can you pls let me know the price of the same? Even my friend needs to replace the same in his active.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Friends, wanted to express some more feedback on the punto. Car has been a pleasure to drive with RD box P2 mode.
    But, the stability and handling has been tremendous & spot on with punto. I am drooled. Taking corner turns, hill station trips every experience has been decent.
    Recently, been to Ooty/Dimbum ghat stretch. Accent & decent of punto handling was awesome. Steering feedback has been good.
    I miss some of the meets in Bangalore. But, will try to make it.

Lately, I am facing some issue with the steering wobble. At low speeds like 20-40, the steering wheel goes left n right continuously. Sametime, I sense from the steering touch that wheels are wobbling. I had hit few curbs during my short drives. Need some inputs.
    Had almost 3 times checked for WA/WB in Tyre Prof/A1 Cars/Vijay Alignment. They said its normal in punto.
    But, somehow I feel this is not right. Probably, I have to check with FASS sometime.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Latest Update after almost a YEAR: Phew!!
    Punto Active has been the best investment so far. I tried to sell couple times but could not due to its emotional feedback.
    Took to many trips and it did not disappoint me any time.

I changed by tires to 15" Linea Rims and Yoko Earth 1 tyres. There is absolutely no wobbling issues.
    Likely issue with alloys and GT3 tires.

Now the ride cushion is pliant and good at cornering speeds. Installed 195/65/R15 which also gave some increase in GC.
    No where I have scrapped the bottom unless the road is kind of Offroad quality.

Took to Maharastra/AP/TN and beloved KA. Hills/ghats/beach. Feel like part of my soul and body.
    Only grouse is this model does not have ABS. But, could manage in wet situations within controlled speeds.

I would like to thank TFI for good support and did not bring my confidence down. Was eager to come for BLR meet, somehow missed it.
    Have completed 49000 kms. Almost 23000kms with RD Box. Its been a boon. Thinking of WolfMoto or Code 6. Vit M to be saved.

Giving the car for service with Pride Cars for engine oil change and EGR cleaning. Ordered filters/wipers from 99rpm.
    Vecto rejected to service as I have not been giving service since 23000kms. Warranty is voided as I use Mobile Delvac 1 instead of Selenia. Will update post service feedback.
    pdash and pabhishek like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Good going buddy! 50K is too less kms to move on. Keep here for more! :)
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Finally done the service at Pride Cars.

Below are the tasks carried out:
    1) EGR, Manifold, MAF, MAP cleaning all pipes:
    Manifold/EGR and others had lot of carbon deposit.
    2) Engine Oil change and Oil/Fuel/Pollen/Air Filter change:
    Parts ordered from 99rpm. Engine oil - Mobile Delvac 1 5W40.
    3) Regular servicing of all fluids/parts - Normal topup of coolant/brake/power steering n other fluids
    4) Servicing of Suspension/Struts - Struts had slow action and recommended to be replaced at 60000kms service
    5) Replaced Brake Pads - Pads still had 4mm but got it replaced as prevention. Could have used for anther 2-3000kms
    6) Replaced Strut Mounts - Ball bearings had worn out and sqeaking noise coming
    7) Full Body Wash
    8) Checked the Battery Drain level using Electrolyte Levelling. Suggested to replace in next 5-7000kms

This time it became costly affair due to too many things. Gave the car at 9.30am and all the work was completed at 7pm.
    EGR & set cleaning itself took till noon.

EGR/Manifold full set cleaning - 2500
    Air Filter - 441
    Pollen Filter - 431
    Fuel Filter - 1775
    Oil Filter - 431
    Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 - 3900
    Wiper Blades (Left & Right) - 1468
    Struts Mounts - 3300
    Brake Pads - 3400 (2011 model)
    Wheel Nut - 75

Paid Service - 1500
    Labour charge for fitting Brake pads/Struts mount - 1500

Service was very good and car is pumped up for long journeys.
    Sharath/Harish & his team are pretty good and to the point.
    Body wash & Polish was very good
    Technically these guys know what they are doing
    Car in diamond white and abarth stripes was looking like New model coming out of showroom

Overall: Very well deserved service for the car and totally energized.

Will post the photos later in the day.
    pdash likes this.