1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Owned BNW Punto Active - Ownership

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by whitepunto76, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations on getting the Punto Abarth('ed). The car looks smoking hot:wow. Suggest to get the alloys fiat logo also changed to Abarth. This will make people believe that Fiat has actually launched the car officially.:evilsmile
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Its 29000 for 5 OEM Alloys plus 5 GT3 tires. These are used ones which ran for 8000kms.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    looks like a good deal.. wish u a very happy and safe driving...
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Friends,

I am facing real trouble with Central locking in Active variant. The manual lock works.
    Autocop Central locking was fitted. But, somehow front door lock is not working.
    Seems like central locking is not working now. Door latches are too flimsy.
    Any suggestions please?
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Call Auto cop guys..
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Autocop guys are not able to fix the left door lock issue. Now the inside door latch opens irrespective of the car is locked or not. pathetic issue.
    Including this, from last 5-6 days, I am getting white odourless smoke whenever I switch on AC. The white smoke comes out continously.

Seems like some AC leakage issue. Took to Vecto at 6.15pm. None of them were ready to help as they were leaving office.
    To fix this issue, it seems I need to book from booking service and then leave the car at service.
    Never seen such a horrible customer service. Compared to Maruti/Mahindra/Tata, Fiat seems to be the worst.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Gave for general service for Pride Cars (BSK 2nd stage). Harish & folks inspected the car and told the expansion valve is an issue and needs replacement.
    And seems like I need to take the car to Aadya or Vecto to get it replaced under warranty. Checked 99rpm and price is around 2000 for expansion valve.
    Now need to go all the way till Vecto/Aadya to get this done.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    No offence meant but aren't you aware that the SCs official working hours are 9AM - 6PM. You drop in there at 6:15 pm and then you are labelling the service as horrible !! Don't you feel SC guys are human beings and should go home after a long day at work!!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @shams: Thanks for the advice. I understand that SAs will be end of time at 6.15pm.
    Normally, folks will be working on different issues till 7pm. And if any minor issues, they can be fixed.
    Discussed with Surendra to at least check and see what needs to be done. So that, I can leave the car there or bring it someother day.
    This gesture was missing completely. Anyways, I am least bothered now to complain about.
    After 30mins of inspection in Pride garage, they confirmed its expansion valve issue. Need to call Vecto/Aadya if the part is available and fix them this week.
    For every such problem, need to travel 30-40 kms which is a pain and a complimentary gift for buying this car. Atleast in my case. Really feeling low now.
    Seems like 99rpm expansion valve is only for Palio and not for Punto.

Every week facing some issue or the other.
    Central Locking autolock not working, Still I hear sqeaking noise from front right wheel well, AC puking out white odourless smoke, rattling from rear seats, still Punto pulls to left, pickup is low when AC is on and this list goes on.
    After spending 3000-4000rs for technical inspection/fixes after buying the car, seems like the same issues keep coming. Now I am trying my luck with Pride Cars.
    Hence the frustration.
    I have owned 5 cars from last 10yrs. And Fiat Punto Active 1.3 MJD is giving the most of the trouble within 4 weeks of buying this car. (Sorry used car).
    No offense to anyone. Its just bad flow of events probably which is testing my patience.
    Lets see what happens on expansion valve issue now and how FASS deals with this problem. I hope this will be covered under normal warranty.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro,

Even i have this horrible problem of the idiotic Autocop (Piranna) central locking issue in my Active Punto.

When i unlock the doors the doors would open automatically and many crap stuff as you mentioned. Finally after many trial and errors and many holes inside the door panels to fit the motors got them solved actually not solved temporialy it seems to be working fine.

You need to change the motor and adjust its functionlity and some holes on the door for proper adjustment to rectify the issue. Else the best option would be go for OEM remote locking kit from FIAT which would cost 9k.
    Even i would go for the OEM kit if i get the problems again with the central locking.