1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre-Owned BNW Punto Active - Ownership

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by whitepunto76, Jul 29, 2013.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks for those supporting words. This is a Oct 2011 model. As you guys have mentioned, I have kept all those -ve thoughts behind and enjoy the italian beast.
    Will keep my ownership posted and travelogues.
    BTW, can we fit power windows to the rear doors in Active model? And I would like to increase the height of the seat as well.
    Thinking to put some beads or some cushion.
    For fog lamps, checked the price and its 4000 total from FASS. Thinking if its really worth or get Hella 500FF fitted near number plate level.

First service is done at 12000kms, second service done at 22500kms. The service as per manual says as 45000kms or 2yrs completion. Is that correct?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ideally it should be 2nd service @ 12k and 3rd @ 22500k

schedule is:
    1st service: 3k/ 3 months whichever is earlier
    2nd : 15k/ 1 yr " "
    3rd : 30k/ 2yrs " "
    4th : 45k/ 3yrs " "
    and so on..
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Latest update. The left pulling is resolved. Hariprasad folks checked the suspension/link rod/struts etc. All are working fine.
    The car is dead straight and alignment is also been checked. They said they have done a camber adjustment and now its resolved.
    They suggested to run for 500kms and come back if any issues. Also, they are suggesting to do manual alignment instead of automatic alignments in the future.
    However, when I turn the steering to extreme left; I hear a squeal noise on right side. Very minor one. Getting it checked now.

Is this due to some steering belt issue or something? Please suggest.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations for your Punto. Btw, I stay in BGudi too. We can catch up sometime :up Good to know that left pulling issue is resolved. Going forward get the alignment done at reputed tyre shops like Madhu's Langford road, Tyre Professionals Bgudi etc. There shouldn't be any problem with automated alignment technique. Happy Puntoing.
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    BNW Punto - Abarthed Now

IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg

Thanks for Shams & Praveen. Went to Hi-Creative on Saturday. And got the Abarth stripes, black roof, mirror and logo.
    It was a decent job done for Vinyl stickering. I think better to get mirrors painted than stickered. Personal opinion.
    The car was a looker on the road. Left pull issue has been resolved to near perfection. Went for 60kms long trip on kanakapura road. Car behaved very well. At last, satisfied for selecting this car. There is some tyre noise due to GT3 but good wet & dry grip for sure.
    15" wheels definitely improved stability and handling.:dance
    8 people like this.
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks for Shams & Praveen. Went to Hi-Creative on Saturday. And got the Abarth stripes, black roof, mirror and logo.
    It was a decent job done for Vinyl stickering.

Looks escellent
    Pls share the cost breakup of the stickering.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    absolutely sexy !!!!
    you forgot to sticker the A pillar near the quarter glass and small portion in the back door, its standing out, do that too !!
    Need to get the blackened headlight too to complete the aesthetics !! \m/
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    She's looking Hot and Sexy.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi,

I am having frequent central locking issue in Active version. We have installed Autocop and seems like the front left door just locks.
    It does not unlock from inside. And the door latch of inside door is very low quality. It can break easily and its too loose.
    Any suggestions please?

- - - Merged Post - - -

BTW, I am checking for Racechip or Racedynamics used ones. Which of these are better to Fiat punto?
    Also, can we fit Racechip used in Vista QJD on Fiat punto MJD? Please suggest.
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looking great ... how much u spent for the tyre and alloys.