1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre Delivery Inspection- Chennai

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by brandnewpunter, Oct 27, 2012.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I have booked Punto Emotion and the vehicle is in stockyard. Though I was given the impression that I am going to get a vehicle that was in transit at the time of booking, I doubt that and I think they are going to give me a vehicle already in stockyard.

I got the VIN and it's a sep2012 make. I would like to ensure that the car is perfect and free of any flaws.

I am going to do PDI on Monday after 1 in the afternoon. If anyone of you seniors can accompany me I will really appreciate it as I am not 100% sure of how far I can detect flaws if any. Will come to your place of choice and we can go to stockyard from there and will drop you at your place of choice. If Monday is not suitable for you we can do it on tuesday.

You guys are the best.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    hey punter, from which dealer have you booked and where is the stockyard? if its a sep make i guess it would have reached chennai just this month. btw which color have you booked finaly? red?
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Hello Naveen,
    I booked it from Ambattur Concorde and the stockyard is at Poonamalle. The colour I chose was Exotic Red. Sep make is perfectly acceptable to me but giving the impression that I am getting a vehicle that's in transit and delivering a vehicle in stockyard makes me worried.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There may be chances that someone might have cancelled the booking for which they now might have allocated that to you. Since it is manufactured in Sept'12, it is absolutely perfect and nothing to worry about. Just go there with the PDI checklist and do a thorough PDI. :)
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    If that's the case I will be only too happy to take that. Hope someone did not cancel after the vehicle failed PDI!! Do you know a Mechanic or someone who can accompany me for PDI?
    I have heard of car consultants that people hire to check the worthiness of pre-owned cars, if you can refer someone or give me directions that will be great. (Man, I am so paranoid!)

I will doing a PDI using the instructions from this thread

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html

Anything else that I should be aware of?
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you do thorough PDI as per the checklist, that would suffice.
    1 person likes this.
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    during my enquiry stage (september) my car i was told that there is no Red Punto available in stock to check the colours. During booking I was told that there are 6 cars coming along with my car. there was another lot of cars came in a week later (along with Teky's friend tuscan wine). this is for your information.

I wasnt heard of any cancellation till my delivery.
  8. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    can you tell me who is the dealer? i have taken from vst motors anna nagar, it was good.
    they will be in hurry while handing over all the documents, you keep calm and collect all the docs, and verify once again,
    check for extended warranty !! for me they told they will receive from fiat after 2 days, finally they gave one booklet called extended warranty.

take your own time to do PDI.........
  9. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for the information, it helps.

Concorde, Ambattur is the dealer. Will keep my cool and do the necessary.
  10. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Even I was told to collect the extended warrenty after 2- 3 days from concorde guindy.
    1 person likes this.