1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amogh, Aug 24, 2014.

1. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Pls do check the following as well:

1. Block or loose connectivity of AC drain pipe
    2. Loose connect of turbo pipe (in engine bay)- this will help reduction of loss of power

Both are very common in MJD.
  2. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @SVN - if you show the points to be checked with pics will help.
  3. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am travelling and hence will post pic of turbo recirculation pipe by next week.

Got to know about the leakage when Rajeev of WOLFmoto pointed out during ECU remap
    vinayk likes this.
  4. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk , To check the AC drain pipe leakage you will have to
    - Turn ON the car AC
    - Keep to minimum temperature
    - Keep checking your other PDI items for about 10 - 15 mins
    Now
    - If you can see the water dripping under your car - Your drain pipe is OK
    - If the water is not dripping , check the carpet area, touch it with your hand or bare feet (with some pressure) in the front footwell areas , if wet you have a clogged AC pipe.

The technicial said this happens mostly in new cars as the drain pipe fitter gets some residue in it or when fitted the walls stick to each other.
    vinayk likes this.
  5. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey all,
    It's been a while since I posted an update. Well the good news is that the loan got sanctioned and I am tomorrow going to get the kit signed and finally get to take the jet home. The finanacer is SBI offering a roi 10%. I ordered a fresh CSR from pune as I was unsatisfied by the pdi of the one I reported. After a long wait Kashyap guys shared the new VIN number confirming the July make. The offer stood the same. The car got offloaded at Kashyap noida and I had to travel all the way there from faridabad for the pdi, anyways anything for her. I must say i was in for a surpprise at the fiat showroom, it was really nice , the ambience those vintage cars, saw the fiat topiloni , the BSA vintage motorcycle it was really impressive. Hardly any people in the the showroom though. I was taken to the service yard and boy it was big. If I am not exaggerating was atleast twice the size of the one at Kashyap okhla. Well coming to the point saw my spanking new jet standing in the hangar :). Prayed silently to waheguru as she was to be mine for the next 5-7 years atleast and opened those tank like heavy doors. The aroma, the feel of a new car which I never got in the previous jet the plastic on the seat covers was still on and the odo read 18H a lot to my satisfaction. Checked the ICE , AC , lights etc. However did not check the AC pipe issue that is being discussed. However the big plus was meeting Mr Sushil Yadav Ji, a stalwart , proud owner of a jet. He was revered and the centre of attraction. Everybody from the service in charge to electrician to the store incharge knew him. He was very kind to me showed me around and told me few things upfront of what to expect from the car and service team. Introduced me to Mr Tarun a charismatic young guy who was getting his mjd repaired and he too gave me a few insights. One thing I learnt was that u are supposed to stand with ur jet in the hour of need and not let go sight during her routine service. I somehow fekt this Kashyap to be a tad better then the Okhla one, only time will tell. Sushil pointed out that I must get the registeration of the car myself and told me that I will end up saving atleast 10k I came back tired and more importantly satisified. Lets see how I conjure this trick I am not sure if I can do this ardous task all by myself. Kashyap guys told me that I will drive off with a trade certificate and the temp registeration will take a day.
    Waiting with my fingers crossed, hope all goes to plan and I do justice to my decision of buying this jet.
    Sorry if I bored u with this longishh post will post pics soon
    vinayk likes this.
  6. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

This is my first post in TFI. Need assistance with respect to delivery. I have booked the Linea Dynamic elegante from Salem, Tamil nadu(True sai). During the time of booking, they have communicated that they have only one car left in factory. Actually saw the car in HYSON FIAT (Kochi). But i am from tamil nadu and started my booking with salem, tamil nadu dealer. I have given the booking amount on 27th. Dealer said that car will be loaded on the same day. But till today car was not loaded from factory. I have to follow up with them every time regarding this. True sai dealer is one pathetic dealership for fiat. On sunday, show room security was sleeping in the after noon. Not only him. Even the sales person who was attended me also came from sleep. Pathetic experience. Is there any way to escalate this to FIAT management or customer care where my voice will be listened.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    subhash_chellam likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat Customer Care call centre is also effective.18002095556
    subhash_chellam likes this.
  9. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Got the vehicle. Done PDI. Date of delivery set to coming monday (auspicious time). Thanks a lot for your help.
  10. Ps_

Ps_ Timido

delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi All,
    First time buyer, religiously reading all the relevant threads.
    Planning to go for a MY2015 Punto Evo model, I talked to my SA and asked him to check the vehicle at their stockyard. He is saying I have to pay 20000 booking amount before he may show me the vehicle. Since I am particular about the color I want (Magnesio or Minimal Grey) and they only have 1 model of the same, i am reluctant to pay the booking amount, in-case I am not satisfied with the vehicle and get stuck with them for the booking amount.
    Suggestions?

Is there a way I can just go with them to stockyard for a quick PDI before giving them booking amount, should I involve fiat customer care?