1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amogh, Aug 24, 2014.

1. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Rahul Grover Hopfully its a TJet Emotion version...If you are getting anything around 1 Lac lesser on the listed onroad price for a Feb 2015 will be a very good deal... 4-5 months of inventory is very normal for FIAT... Not sure if you would get same price for June/ Jul manufacturing car. You can try though... Linea already comes with underbody coating from factory. Hence not required...
  2. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    So should I go thru this deal if the PDI goes according to plan and satisfaction, I somehow liked the Kashyap dealership they had a lot many number of cars and staff knew and were courtous, let's see what transpires I will ask them for a new car. As sharukh khan aptly said picture abhi baki he ......@@
  3. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes I believe so if your PDI is clear, You can, on a 2015 I believe it's a great deal.. Dealer and great buying experience going a long way to ensure great long term ownership experience :)
  4. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks I appreciate all the help and advice, I will keep u updated on the progress and will take pictures too. Do u recommend the 3M car care pack or should I let few months roll by??
    vinayk likes this.
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My pleasure & Glad I was able to help based in my experience. I believe just look at getting best deal on the car without any compromise in PDI other than it being Feb 2015 made... Rest you can look for accessories or 3M later unless dealer is offering FOC and not willing for further cash discounts :)
  6. Anup G S

Anup G S Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello Guys,

yesterday I took deliver of New Punto EVO 1.3 MJD at Aadya motors Bangalore. while i was going through my own PDI (this is my 1st car ), i noticed that there was no spare headlight bulb and fuses when asked the sales executive was adamant that FIAT is not providing any spare headlight bulb or fuses with any cars . please confirm if this is true ? i haven't received it yet and have written this in feed back. As per my knowledge its mandatory to give those .
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hell it should be part of the delivery. I guess the dealer is playing with you. Call up Fiat helpline and escalate the issue. Have a word with the mods too (@nkrishnap or @ramjn ), they might know someone from the dealer to help your cause.

But this should not mar the celebrations of bringing home the Punto. Heartiest congratulations mate. What variant did you buy? Whether it is 75 or 90HP? Suggest you to start an ownership thread and post lots of pics.

Happy mile crunching.
  8. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too took delivery of new Linea on Saturday evening and spare headlamp bulbs were not provided and same answer was given by Mr Prajwal Gowda..
  9. Anup G S

Anup G S Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur Thanks for your wishes and clarification. i took 75 HP . i am planing to start a new ownership thread. i have the draft copy ready i'll post it here soon :) .

@vinayk congratulation for your new fiat. i think we took delivery at the same time .:) i'had called the helpline for this issue and we had an conference call with service manager ms. Lavanya (PDI team manger). she has clarified that Fiat does provide spare headlamp in the glove box and spare fuse fitted in fuse box. she'll be escalating this issue with the Deepak (sales manger Aadya motors). let me know if you need her number.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2015 ---
    Ms. Lavanya suddenly has come up with same reply what sales executive had told. Fiat India has stopped providing headlamp spare bulb from past 1 year.

I wrote an email to service.india@fcagroup.com (took it from fiat India Website ) and to my surprise they took it as feedback and have closed the ticket .

Don't know what to do now!
    Any new fiat onwers who have got spare headlamp bulb ?
  10. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi all,
    Today decided to do a detailed pdi of the Feb made Jet available at Kashyap motors okhka. Took out all the possible print outs handed over then to my wife , promised her coffee from open oven GK 2 (highly recomended) and drove off, during the drive kept on asking her about important points and asked her to read our loud, she looked at me dumbfounded and retorted back that it's just a car not my pg exam, oops I was silent during the rest of the ride. Reached kashyap in pin drop silence but In my mind had gone over the list several times just like chikki alias rajni Kant the print outs flashed infront of my eyes. The jet was standing there staring back at me asking me to own her. I lept out of my car and went straight in asked for a pdi, surprisingly wifey too started to show interest and we started checking all details inorder. The sales guy kept on saying sir ji kya kar rshe ho nayi gaadi Feb mein aayi he, I told him back off and gave him the stare. He was nice to me though. All seemed to go acc to plan but then wifey noticed something odd, the leather at the back of the codrivers head rest was torn. I immediately brought it to the sales guy notice and he said" koi gal nahi, dooji da Ladeyange" ( meaning we will Rip it off from someother stock car and plonk it in ur car) ..... chutzpah ho gaya yeh to

Anyways I went ahead and clicked few pics the odo read 44 H to my satisfaction and came to the tyres. The rubber spikes were there allrihht and it clearly meant that this jet hadn't done too much of travelling to my satisfaction. Next came the lights, ICE Check and windows. Everything seemed fine untill I took her out for a spin , immediately felt her going to the left, took a u turn and went straight to the service yard. It was crowded with all possible and types of repairs happening at the same time. I noticed that none of the fiat mechanics were using the protection cloth guard that they ought to lay in the car before they touchor even sit in it. No seat covers no nothing. I was angry felt sad for those owners. Moving on I clicked few pics of the garage and checked the tyre pressure and refulled and with a silent prayer on my lip took the jet for a second spin around the fiat campus. Lo behold the jet swayed again to the left and this time I was irked told the PDA inspector who in all probability was too new at his job took it casually and said" to kya hua alignment kar denge aap ke liye aap chinta mat karo" I wish I could give him a choke clam there and then. I left me heart broken as I was told that the car had been prechecked and was given the thumbs up by the management. Got off told Mr Naveen senior guy at the office that I want a new car straight from the plant. He was nice to me and agreed on the same deal. So I guess picture abhi baki he dost.. Will keep u posted with new developments. Some oics from todays excursion or rendezvous with fiat as somemay call it.

IMG_20150831_150530.jpg

IMG_20150831_151713.jpg

IMG_20150831_151939.jpg

IMG_20150831_151843.jpg

IMG_20150831_151725.jpg