1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amogh, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I came across a very detailed PDI checklist. Uploading the same.
    Courtesy: The automotive India.
    asimpleson and Saurabh Gharat like this.
  2. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Not sure where exactly I need to post this query hence adding in this post.

I booked an Exotica Red Evo on 30th July, I was given a VIN number and told it will take 10 days, but today 4th August the dealer says the cars were already received on 2nd night. Just felt a bit weird that a car was deliveredfrom Pune in 2 days. I will go thro the PDI,but am a bit worried now since I know a customer had an issue with a slightly damaged car at the same dealer ship. What if they havef fixed it and trying to dump it on me ? Do you guys know who had this issue at KHT fiat recently ?
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar : not to worry buddy. Dealer has just given you the VIN #. it's not registered on your name yet. Do a thorough PDI. Check for any paint difference on the body. Make sure all the tyres are new. If you are not happy with the PDI reject the car and ask for different one.
    Anand Shankar likes this.
  4. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2015 ---
    How much discount you got on your Linea?
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Quick update folks - Payment made towards the NEW LINEA MJD EMOTION, Awaiting cheque to clear. Meanwhile today I observed that car's windshield was 2015 made and all other glasses were 2014 made I guess that's okay as its Jan 2015 manufacturing as per VIN code of "A HZ" BUT the rubber peice holding the windshield externally on driver side was missing a plug and screw looked bit tampered. I was told that rubber flap was replaced as that was not okay... Any thing to worry about here?
  6. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Today I was told by the dealer that PDI report shall not be shared with the customer (buyer of the car even after full payment not at the time of delivery) as they have instructions not to do so from FIAT RSM... Is this true? If so not a fair practice. As till date for all my new AUTOMOBILES I have seen the PDI report...
  7. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Took a good look at the what may be my future jet if all goes well, however found the same issue of the discs being rusted, the sales guy dismissed my concern by saying all stock vehicles have this issues, I was a bit skeptical , checked the VIN number whic was on engraved on a small plate bolted near the spare in the boot , it was a Feb 2015 make and the odo read H 44.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Rahul Grover , please ensure that rust should not be on the surface where brake pads touch, else it's fine. I am sure you are doing the PDI but prefer/insist on a more recently manufactured car than a 6-7 month old one.
  9. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Rahul Grover - Fiat's inventory is normally 4 months & that's absolutely fine, That rust will just Wade away as you drive for a kilometer. It's just due to the water droplets left on discs after a wash... This happens in ever car... Left unused for few days after washing.. So you getting Jan / Feb car? What's the discount on listed price?
    Rahul Grover likes this.
  10. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi I am getting the car on road for 10.45, including zero dep for the Feb manufactured one , I wonder if I now ask them for a new fresh order will they give me the same but I will five it a try , fiat DRS faridabad were willing to match the order and were giving me an underbody treatment included. May be a thousand here or there