1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amogh, Aug 24, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    +1 to Prabhjot.

The discs can be cleaned and confirm the same during the delivery.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Do we still see "H" in new Punto Evo model ? please inform.
  3. VKR

VKR Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes , we still do have the 'H' on the new Evo too and it disappears after completing the 100km mark.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My discs(Avventura manufactured in November 2014 & PDI done in December 2014) were also showing some evidence of rust on its surface. I had pointed out that to the PDI man, And also noted that all the EVO, Avventuras & Lineas were showing similar evidence of rust.
    rps20150613_185841.jpg

Later on, at the time of delivery, the rusted part was painted black, probably with the antitrust solution. rps20150613_184714.jpg

AFA, knowing if the car was used as TD car or not, following additional points apart from those mentioned earlier should help.

1)Absence of plastics covering seat covers is absent.
    2) odo might be disconnected.
    3) nail marks on the paint under the door handles.
    4)manufacturing date of the car & launch date often matches with difference of one or two months unless the dealership has opened recently & well after launch date of the car. In this case (There are many upcoming fiat dealship now a days)
    5) Linea 2014 & Punto Evo comes with plastic wrapper over the soft part of the dash board.
    Saurabh Gharat, anoopktla and Deepak like this.
  5. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    One more point, after PDI , get in writing /verify the documents/VIN before sending for TP/regn, this is a must, i missed this part, or one will end up in my situation.I byhearted all the info given in this thread, for two months, took two days leave for doing this self PDI , finally I got a different car of same color, one more month older, from dealer :(
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is because you did not bothered to see if RTO form was fully filled in before signing it. Ideally we should bother to fill it on our own. Atleast bother to fill in the chassis & engine number before signing the dotted lines.
  7. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado , I didn't see that form.This was my first car purchase, I wasn't aware of it. In fact I didn't sign on any RTO forms at all.
    And I trusted my sales agent , polished and well dressed,like my brother, giving all my trust to him,after all he was the ambassador of our favorite brand,my purchase took almost 3 weeks ,and I was too busy at office till the D day.Everything was in favor of me till 6pm on that day.Just mentioned it so that this should not happen to any one :( I personally have been part of taking delivery of many vehicles like santro, brio,beat,palio,punto,xuv but this is what I learned .
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Are you sure?
    Have you got the registstion number of the car? And in whose name is mentioned on the cash receipts issued by RTO?
  9. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado ,I didn't check the cash receipts.it was a small printed form i believe.got my RC after 3 weeks post registration.Car is in my name only.They gave me temporary registration on the delivery day/day after delivery..After a week , they took the car for registration.I didn't remember signing anywhere for this.:(. Might have signed in some blank form,i couldn't recollect. what i do remember is that i gave my photograph and address proof.I was like mad after the purchase,buying experience
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    One can not get temporary RC without signing the request form which is submitted to RTO by the dealership before delivering the car. And it's possible that they mentioned the chassis & engine number of some other car which you didn't chosen during PDI on the form which you might have signed blindly.

Anyways if your recent car is satisfactory, then 1 or 2 months difference in manufacturing date doesn't make any difference.

But you need to check if the chassis number & engine number mentioned on the RC is matching with the numbers mentioned on the chassis & engine of the car physically.Also same numbers should be found on insurance documents.
    If numbers are not matching it's serious crime on the part of RTO & Dealer.
    Ideally this should be checked on the D day itself.

I remember, I read on some other forum, discrepancy in the chassis / engine number of a car on RC & car was diagnosed by the insurance evaluation executive after an accident. This insurance claim was refuted by the insurance company. And the car owner got caught in legal impasse .
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Deepak likes this.