1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power windows-beware!!

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by rupakb24, Aug 29, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Think all cars should now have pinch guard also a mandatory security feature , which will save , not only in this situation it may happen when we press and some one have thier hand outside can also get hurt. better to have pinch guard like skoda which has it acros all cars.
    1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly! Anti pinch function of power windows is one thing I liked while I test drove Fabia! But then was little disappointed when I realized it isnt available in Punto :uh
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think in all cars we need to pull the edge of power window button and a push for closing. Why can't it be in opposite way. This will avoid the chance of windows getting close by getting the button pressed by kids.
  4. Can you please elaborate on the pinch guard?
  5. DO NOT leave children unattended in a closed car. It is very dangerous as well.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think in some old cars the button was that old style type - flat and press both ways. So, it can be this reason how the child managed to get the window glass up.

Today mostly you'll see the push-pull type buttons. Like the ones in our FIATs.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I observed that motor of pwr window in fiat car is not very much powerful.
    Motor stops with less effort if you prevent while we roll up the glass.

Means pwr window of fiat car may less dangerous than other cars.

I will compare it with my other car & update the same
  8. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    1) Leaving children unattended in the car is wrong
    2) Leaving the key in car? Are you kidding? Kids love to do what they are told not to do. If I were a kid, I definitely would fiddle with the key and surely all other controls
    3) Why power windows? Kid can open door, come out in dangerous traffic or may walk somewhere and get lost. Some one may kidnap them too and steal your car if its not a Fiat.

Everything boils down to #1 in above 3. Again, I will doubt the authenticity of the kid who lost life with power windows. If its true, RIP. The father is to be blamed.
  9. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Yes. At least in the cars that I have driven, they are designed this way. I doubt if this story is true. What kind of a moron would leave a toddler alone in a car and keep the engine on ?. He will easily win all awards for stupidity.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    as i have mentioned before, i seriously doubt the veracity of this mail.

what is Pinch Guard by the way?

The one-touch roll up has put me in some difficult situations though!