1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power windows-beware!!

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by rupakb24, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Today i received an email about an accident which made me so helpless and angry- such unnecessary death of a kid. Think whatever you may want to about my philosophies and bash me up for that if that makes you feel better but I am going to say it loud- i don't feel anything when an adult dies from an accident but the death of a child is totally different. The incident that took place really made me cry and i can relate to the pain because I, just like most of us, have a small child (mine is a 3yr young boy). We learn from our mistakes- i pray we don't make such horrific mistakes!!
    Pasting it here ( I've excluded the attached picture that shows the dead boy)

Please see how hazard occurs if safety responsibility is not felt!!!

A tragic and horrific scene took place in Jubail, as a child killed himself by mistake while he was in his father's car. The father, who forgot to switch off the vehicle, headed for the grocery store for a few minutes and left the child inside.

When he returned, he was shocked to see his 3 year old son had his head stuck out the window; the child who had stuck his head out the window to look outside, accidentally had one of his knees pressed on the button and raised the glass. He could not lower the window, which completely overpowered the neck to the fullest extent. The father rushed hysterically to lower the window, only to find the child was dead and lifeless. All who witnessed the incident cried out in sadness and pain.

Please switch off the car and remove the key while coming out from the car even for short duration whenever your children are inside the car.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have come across this mail some time back but i seriously doubt its authenticity.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this happened in 2010,at that time i was located in Saudi Arabia.
  4. Tragic indeed.
    But a question- Are'nt power windows designed as pull-to-raise and push-to-lower?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sanjeev,
    one can say,use the power window child lock on the driver side.
    it really helps and i always use it when kids on board.

Is it available in Dynamic ?
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Such a tragedies can happen any where. The route cause is carelessness. The cars will also have a power window locker and he should have used it. One day it will be power windows another day it will be a key forgot to take from car or a door that with child lock in off position. The list go on . One should not shy away from using the safety features given in car. They are for use and not for luxury. Poor child could have saved if the father used his brain.
  7. Yes, it is available.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please start using it.
    not only the power window also use the door child lock.
    i remember when i was in night drive my bro daughter in sleep pulled the lever of the door and the door got opened,thanks to the beep(alarm) which made me to take side the car within no time.

its so weird in indian automobile,the sales are being done based upon the safety features,why not make it mandate.
    it was horrible when i heard mahindra renault logan have airbag only to the driver :D
  9. Thanks, but I already use it :)
    My actual question was that - Are all power window switches in all cars pull to raise type(you need to put your finger between the switch and pod and then pull it to raise the window)? Or do some cars have a different mechanism- like a push button switch- one to raise and other to lower?
  10. All safety features should be available from the base model itself and not confined to the top models. Compromise may be done in comfort if price is the main factor. We hardly use safety belts-i believe more than half of the people who wear them use it because otherwise they would be fined and not because it saves lives. I hate when two wheel drivers take the whole family with kids along without any safety precaution. I hate when drivers don't use low beam when passing by. I almost killed a person because i was blinded by the high beam of the incoming car (indica it was). That incident really eroded my confidence on the roads.
    I honestly believe that it should take a death of a kid to realize our mistakes.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I don't know about the back switches of the power windows but you can close the windows by pushing in the button at the other (the end nearer to the driver) end in the front!!!