1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power window problem! - NOW RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nobrakes, Oct 4, 2011.

1. desigab361

desigab361

chennai

HI,

I too have same issue with my Punto emotion, with help of local mechanic i was able to isolate the issue. initially i suspected the power window motor, but later it was found to be faulty relay unit which is below the passenger foot rest. does any one know if we can purchase this realy unit out side and how much does it cost?

Best Regards, Desi
  2. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    Dear Friends i am having a strange issue with my Linea power window. The power window (driver and co driver side) wont work if you open the door, but will work perfectly if you close the door. At first i was having issue with the front driver side only but now i am having this issue with both front doors. If i open the door to the first position the switch will work, but if i open the door to the second or last position the power window switches wont work. This issue is only for the front door but the rear door window will function normally with the doors open. The switch i am referring is the master control switch in the driver side. Can any one share any idea how to resolve this issue. i am scared to give it to the ASS since we don't still have an exclusive ass in trivandrum for Fiat.
    any help in resolving this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks

Harry
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Possible loose connection with the connector, Just check once, it might be becoming loose after you open the door.
  4. Awaise Mirza

Awaise Mirza Timido

Panvel
    Linea 1.4
    Same problem being faced did your problem get solved?
    If yes then how?
  5. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have a similar issue. My window rolled down fine but wouldn't come back up. Parents took it to the official service center in Thane. Turns out that the power windows for Fiats in India have a bloody ECU instead of regular relays. This ECU (which is probably just a glorified box with relays inside) is faulty and costs around 9k INR to replace. Thats right! close to 10k with labour and VAT for ensuring that your window rolls back up. I live in London and my car in India is barely used and has clocked around 25k KM in 5 years. I find it awfully surprising that a car with such low mileage gave me so many issues in the 5 years that i have owned it. I have had the wiper motor fail on me in heavy rain (Got it fixed at a local electricians shop rather than at fiat as now that it is out of warranty i don't even have support from the company), wheel bearings crapped out on me at 8k, A/C gas leaked after the recall and retrofit of an upgraded condenser and right now with this service i had to get the condenser replaced again. My 10-year-old honda civic here runs like a dream having clocked over 70k miles. So much for Italian technology. European cars and unnecessarily complicated and absolute trash. Had a VW before this and that was equally shitty but still marginally better than this supposedly new fiat! Sure its a dream to drive when it works. But its the kind of car that is likely to fail and leave you stranded on the road side. No peace of mind after investing over 7 lakhs in a FIAT. Should have stuck to something Japanese.

The part can be found at the following link http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/ecm-body-control-punto.html I tried looking for the same part here from a salvage yard. Turns out the Grande Puntos here don't have such an ECU. So I decided to have the service station close the window and disconnect it so that it doesn't roll down accidentally in the future. I guess i can live without a rear window on a car that i barely use.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016 at 12:02 AM
  6. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Service center always says keep your car running. It has no relation with the kms , but if one keeps the car in a halt position then things get worse.
  7. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While i agree its not very healthy to have a car sit still for too long. The wheel bearings failing at 8k was unacceptable. This was when i used to use the car fairly regularly. Some parts are meant to last the life of the car.