1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power window problem! - NOW RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nobrakes, Oct 4, 2011.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey guys, just discovered that the front left power window of my 3 month old punto 1.2 Emotion wont roll down. It was working fine till yesterday. Tried both driver and passenger side switch, but to no avail. Visited Wasan and Om sai motors, and found the response/attitude of Om sai motors to be miles ahead of wasan kandivali. Was getting an appointment for saturday but booked on tuesday as i'm busy.

Will let you guys know the outcome soon.

Cheers.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I am facing an.isue somewhat similar, just as I open my left front door and push the window down, it comes up automatically without pulling the switch on either side. The guyz at TASS say its due to the audio. O:)

Harmony & chaos
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Seems to be power windor problem.You can get it done under warranty.
  4. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey guys! Good news :) the power window problem has been sorted out by replacing a non functional switch (under the glove compartment). I took the car to Glalxy motors in Goregaon west, mumbai on the 5th of Oct to get it checked. The switch was not available and had to be ordered, and on the 11th i got a call to say it is here! Took the car today morning and within 40 minutes I was out of there.Not a rupee spent. Very happy with Galaxy motors overall, especially Mr. Ashok who was very helpful. Would recommend all Fiatians in the vicinity to check this place out.

Cheers.

Could MOD'S add "now resolved" to the title please :)
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

glad to know that your problems have been rectified :)
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    its a known problem of power winders! I got'em replaced thrice, Aaron must be the record holder wid no. of replacements of power widers! ;-P
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Jasveen,

The guys at TASS may be correct in their assessment. I had made a post about the Punto electrical system some time back. The link is: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...ea-Electrical-System&p=565&viewfull=1#post565

Regards
    Johnny
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you johnny sir,

The problem has been resolved as the culprit was a faulty switch which has been replaced under warranty and no more such instances have occurred for the past 3 days since I got it replaced.
  9. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi,

My front LHS power window is not coming up. It just goes down. Went to Fortune Andheri and the mechanic says that the relay is gone. He used the relay of another Punto and the power window worked.

He told me with that relay Front RHS does not work and the same happened.

Now the real bad part. The relay costs Rs. 9,000 and not covered under extended warranty as per them.

Any pointers?

Regards,

Abhinav
  10. vinod_s

vinod_s Timido

mumbai
    hi !

my left rear power window not working, balaji autoworld at thane first told me 8000/- then told me 7000/-. I was suspicious, so i told him dont replace i will revert back. can anyone guide what could have gone wrong ?